***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reports to: Employment Director
Direct Reports: None
Salary – £35K – 42K depending on experience
The primary responsibility of the Key Partnerships and Events Manager is to lead on, plan and implement the OA Events Schedule, whilst identifying and securing corporate sponsorship opportunities. This is to:
- Directly support the requirement to generate commercial income from our employment services over the forthcoming years.
- Deliver and enhance the Events Services offered to our former officers and to further build employer awareness of the Officer Talent Pool.
Development and Delivery of Event Services. Based on a deep understanding of the events and employment landscape and the needs of the OA’s employer partners, lead on the delivery of events services regionally and nationally. Plan and manage flagship events from start to finish according to requirements, target audience and objectives.
- Deliver the Events Programme and Schedule in accordance with the OA Events Strategy and in conjunction with Employment, Marketing and Membership, in order maximise income generation streams.
- Act as the sponsor’s / employer’s primary point of contact and coordination for all planning activities, and on the day of the event itself, for all allocated events.
- Ensure all venue hire requirements and other arrangements are fulfilled in an efficient, timely and customer-focused manner.
- Act as primary host at our strategic flagship events.
- Lead on the development of Event Procedures and Process to ensure proactive and effective customer-focused service delivery for Officer job seekers and our sponsors.
- Capture and analyse the event’s success, and support post event impact reporting as part of the Employment Reporting Framework, in conjunction with Support, Membership and Marketing.
- Work with Marketing, Employment and Membership to identify and drive forward opportunities to enhance the event’s success and find solutions for improvements.
Delivery of Key Corporate Partnerships. Lead on and secure commercial sponsorship and key partnership opportunities from across Industry and UK Plc that will generate sustainable income for the OA.
- Manage all allocated sponsorship opportunities and corporate partners including: identification of their needs, delivery of solutions, generation of revenue and expansion of programs and events.
- Report regularly on progress against targets and on the effectiveness and impact of both individual initiatives and activities and of the assigned partnerships.
Build Employer Awareness and a Partnership Pipeline. Qualify companies whose value proposition to the Armed Forces community will be enhanced by working in partnership with the OA.
- Promote awareness amongst employers of OA event and sponsorship opportunities.
- Advocate and showcase the advantages of employing former officers.
Identify wider business development opportunities for the OA. Proactively seek new opportunities to develop and maximize the OA Recruit business and identify opportunities for upselling. Work in close partnership with the Key Account Managers and Career Consultants to achieve this. The post holder may be required to carry out other duties that can reasonably be considered within the scope and purpose of the job and aptitudes of the job holder.
Qualifications / Skills /Knowledge:
- Educated to degree level or equivalent.
- Strong, concise and accurate written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong IT skills: proficient user of MS Office; knowledge of customer relationship management software (ideally Salesforce), webinar packages and social media an advantage.
- Excellent event management skills, with strong attention to details – a completer-finisher who can manage multiple projects on the go.
- Ex-UK Armed Forces or a good working knowledge of the UK Armed Forces an advantage.
- Proven experience of managing and delivering a programme of large, high profile flagship events.
- Track-record of commercial success, measured through sponsorship and revenue which has been personally generated and delivered.
- Proven track record of developing effective and productive relationships with senior managers of (or within) medium sized and large organisations and with high-net worth individuals who can contribute to our events.
- Confident, diplomatic outgoing personality, with the ability to communicate well with people at all levels; excellent telephone, interpersonal and negotiating skills.
- A good team player, able to work collaboratively and creatively to develop plans and solve problems.
- A willingness to work flexibly, and to support and assist others.
- Motivated, enthusiastic self-starter with initiative and judgement.
Closing date: Sunday 8 August 2021
Interviews: Week commencing 23 August.
Please send your CV to Laura Blair, Director of Employment – email@example.com