***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Robertson Bell is proud to be working exclusively to recruit a Finance Manager with The Poppy Factory, a charity whose mission is to support ex-service men and women with health challenges into fulfilling careers. Originally established in 1922, today the charity continues to provide paid employment through its Factory for disabled ex-Servicemen and women, while its community based employability service also facilitates paid and meaningful employment opportunities for wounded, injured and sick (WIS) ex-Servicemen and women throughout England and Wales. The Poppy Factory is at an exciting period of expansion in its activities supporting veterans and, as a growing organisation, has a requirement for a new post of Finance Manager to oversee the finance functions of the business.
The key responsibilities of the Finance Manager will be to:
- Work collaboratively with the Finance Director to improve and develop the financial procedures and controls
- Produce the monthly management accounts, prepare the annual budget and support budget holders regarding all budgeting, costing and financial analysis
- Develop regular cash forecasting to promote better use of cash resources
- Support the Finance Director in the production of the Poppy Factory’s annual report and accounts as well as reviewing the financial reporting process, whilst collaboratively working with managers to gain an understanding of the business performance
- Effectively work towards finance projects to improve the overall business performance and support the fundraising function with bids and grant applications ensuring figures are accurate.
- Provide support and guidance to other members of the Finance team and across the organisation to drive continual improvement in the service delivered to the Poppy Factory.
The successful candidate will be a part qualified/finalist accountant (CCAB) who has a real desire to work within the charity sector. Any candidates who have experience of working in a finance function within a charity are highly encouraged to apply however candidates from other backgrounds will be considered also. They will be accurate, proactive and an excellent communicator in order to excel in this role, with strong IT skills including data manipulation in Microsoft Excel. Due to the nature of the organisation, the successful candidate will show empathy towards the needs of the Poppy Factory’s client group and is comfortable working in a diverse environment.
The Poppy Factory is committed to equality, valuing diversity and promoting inclusion. Their commitment is to take positive measures to recruit people from underrepresented groups, and actively encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds. As a Disability Confident employer, they offer a guaranteed interview for any job applicant with a disability who meets the essential criteria for the role.
If this sounds like a role of interest, please apply now. This is a fantastic opportunity to work for an organisation going through an incredibly positive change and a chance to make a real difference to the lives of hundreds of disabled veterans.