Salary £11,500 (17.5 hours per week)
Based in Edinburgh
Maternity Leave Cover 13 months approx
Unforgotten Forces is a consortium of organisations, led by Poppyscotland, which has been awarded £4 million from the Aged Veterans Fund to undertake a three-year programme of support for older veterans and their families in Scotland. It will deliver a range of new services and enhancements in areas including advice, access to healthcare, social isolation, respite, as well as creative activities and events for those in care settings.
Poppyscotland are seeking to recruit a Break Away Coordinator whose primary responsibility will be to assist with the development and delivery of Poppyscotland’s Unforgotten Forces consortium project, “Break Away”, providing our older veterans with the opportunity to have a break from it all. This role will also be responsible for providing the required monitoring and evaluation feedback to the consortium coordinator to ensure compliance with the funding terms and conditions.
Key Skills/Qualities –
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, including ability to deliver multiple priorities to deadlines.
- Good administrative and customer service skills.
- Positive and cooperative attitude.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, self-aware and able to instil confidence in others.
- Experience of managing budgets
- Ability to exercise initiative and respond proactively to emerging issues.
- Ability to build and develop positive relationships with colleagues and a range of stakeholders.
- IT literacy including proficient use of MS Office functions and databases.
- Effective communication, reporting and presenting skills (both written and oral)
- Experience of supporting multi-partner initiatives is desirable.
- Knowledge of Data Protection would be an advantage
Further information is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by Friday 2 March 2018. If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interviews are likely to be on Friday 16 March 2018 in Edinburgh.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.