***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Reporting to: Head of Fundraising
Salary: £35,000 per annum 35 hrs per week
Purpose of the post
To lead, motivate, manage and develop the Scottish Poppy Appeal, Volunteer Development and Regional Fundraising teams assessing activities to ensure the best use of people, resources and systems to deliver organisational objectives.
To develop, implement and monitor business plans which deliver fundraising targets.
To promote excellence in donor stewardship and volunteering to motivate and inspire individuals, groups, and local business
Key Skills / Qualities
• Ideally 3 years experience of managing a fundraising team with the ability to lead, manage and motive staff across a number of locations.
• Experience of financial management and budgetary control including developing fully costed business plans and budgeting
• Excellent planning, project management and organisational skills, including ability to deliver multiple priorities internally and externally.
• Experience of delivering and achieving fundraising success
• Experience of new business development including research and production of proposals.
• Up-to-date knowledge of general fundraising methods.
• Experience of using fundraising information systems and databases.
• Excellent interpersonal skills including networking, persuasion and diplomacy in order to represent the organisation effectively to senior external stakeholders and supporters.
• Strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences.
• Strong new business development skills.
• Positive and cooperative attitude
• Adaptable and flexible to respond to changing opportunities
• Reliable, dependable and confident to use own initiative.
• Clean driving licence
• Knowledge and empathy of the military charity sector would be an advantage.
Further information and a full job description is available here. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by Friday 1 March.
Interviews are likely to be in Edinburgh on 12 March.
If you have not been contacted within two weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.