***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Based in Edinburgh
Poppyscotland is at the forefront of delivery of support to our Armed Forces community across Scotland. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families at times of crisis and need by offering vital, practical advice, assistance and funding.
Our work centres around seven key areas: tailored support and funding, advice, employment, mobility, respite, housing and mental health. While much of this work is delivered directly, collaboration with other specialist organisations for the benefit of Scotland’s Armed Forces community is at the heart of Poppyscotland’s approach.
The Deputy Head of Welfare Services – Welfare Support will be responsible for the development and implementation of the new Poppyscotland Welfare Support Service, which will have national capability and includes the introduction of peripatetic Welfare Support Officers and Independent Living Advisers who will work to support the Armed Forces community all over Scotland. The role will be responsible for the management of operations, staff and budgets, and will work across Scotland to support their team.
This role will involve regular travel across Scotland with a requirement to work outside office hours as necessary.
Key Skills & Experience
- Proven management experience and leadership skills
- Experience of working within the welfare/social sector; supporting a team who are responsible for managing multiple and complex caseloads
- Knowledge of the benefits system, mental health, homelessness, offending and substance abuse issues and how to access services for clients
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Financial and budgetary management experience
- Excellent planning, organisational and time management skills, including ability to deliver multiple priorities.
- Driving License is essential and own car is desirable
- Knowledge of the UK Armed Forces community is desirable but not essential
- A relevant qualification in the social policy field, e.g, Substance misuse and addiction, mental health, housing and homelessness, criminal justice and offending is desirable but not essential
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14 November 18.
Interviews are likely to be on 28 November 2018 in Edinburgh.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland. Scottish Charity No. SC014096. A Company limited by guarantee. Registered in Scotland No. 194893 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HQ. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No. 219279.