***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
You will assist members of the Armed Forces community back into the labour market by providing individuals with funding, support, and direction. You will manage the day to day business of Poppyscotland’s Employment Services. Delivering independent financial based decisions, managing a caseload of clients as well as liaising with stakeholders funded by Poppyscotland to deliver employment services.
Key Skills / Experience
- Relevant experience working in a similar role or/and good level of general education – National 5 or equivalent
- Experience of a person-centred approach in the delivery of Employment / Information & Advice / Welfare support services / Customer Service
- Experience of collaborative working practices; negotiating with, and through others, to achieve required outcomes, developing effective partnerships across a range of providers from all sectors (public, private and voluntary)
- Knowledge of the barriers that unemployed people can face which prevent them from returning to the workplace
- Understanding the value of quality assurance principles, processes and the application of consistent standards in the provision of advice and support services
- Ability to facilitate, design, deliver and evaluate training courses and materials.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation inclusive of GDPR, and experience of working within the bounds of client confidentiality
- Excellent IT skills – competent user of MS Office and familiar with client management systems
- Highly organised and able to deliver multiple priorities through effective time management
- Confident and effective communicator with reporting and presenting skills (verbal and written) for a range of audiences
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Strong team player, able to work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to understand, analyse and use data to improve service provision
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Effective listener, socially perceptive and empathetic with an awareness and understanding of why people may act and react as they do
- Respectful of client confidentiality
Further information and a Job Description is available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 21 April 2022.
Interviews are likely to be on Thursday 28 April 2022
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.