***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary £31,200 – £32,750 (pay award pending)
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community which includes those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of need we offer vital, practical advice, assistance and funding. Most of our funding comes from donations to the Scottish Poppy Appeal, however, we also have active supporter-led, individual giving, events and corporate fundraising programmes.
We are looking for an experienced Events Fundraising Manager. This is an exciting opportunity to take the lead on developing our existing bespoke challenges and events. This role will be accountable for event coordination and management, working closely with external suppliers and internal stakeholders as well as supporter acquisition and stewardship. Working to ambitious income targets, the core focus will be on supporter retention and maximising income raised.
This is a hybrid role that can be worked flexibly from the Edinburgh office and home. It will occasionally involve unsociable hours and weekend working when delivering key events.
Key Skills / Experience
You should have proven experience of developing and managing high profile owned and 3rd party fundraising events with and without the use of contracted event organisers as well as having the following skills and experience:
- Experience of leading teams for large event
- Project management experience and experience of planning and logistical delivery of large-scale mass events
- Experience of seeking, securing and nurturing corporate sponsors/partners
- Experience of budget management, financial forecasting, working to KPI’s, reporting and evaluations
- Experience of completing Risk Assessments and knowledge of Health & Safety legislation
- Conversant with use of CRM database such as ThankQ in a charity setting
- Experience of the design and delivery of effective supporter engagement journeys to maximise retention and fundraising.
- Up to date knowledge of general fundraising developments, methodologies and approaches
- Flexible and adaptable, using initiative to meet deadlines and respond to changing situations
- Empathy with mission, objectives and values of Poppyscotland is desirable
Further information is available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 March 2022.
Interviews are likely to be on Monday 21 March 2022.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.