Salary circa £20,700 to £22,440 –Edinburgh
35 hours per week with a generous pension
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We are best known for running the iconic Scottish Poppy Appeal. This, combined with our other year-round fundraising, enables us to provide tailored support and vital services in advice, employment, mobility, respite, housing and mental health support to thousands of ex-Servicemen and women and their families to the extent of approximately £3 million per year.
We are seeking to recruit a Finance Assistant whose primary responsibilities will be to ensuring the accurate and timely processing of all financial transactions for the Poppy Scotland Group. The role will initially be home based, whilst Covid restrictions still apply but the expectation is that it will be home/office based from September.
- Preparation of cash and cheque banking using the Solchar scanning system
- Processing and allocating all income, receipts & payments in a timely manner
- Reconciliation of all bank accounts and control accounts
- Production and maintenance of weekly cashflow
- Preparation and set up of daily payments via the Ebis system
- Monitor and maintain all purchase invoices/credit notes to ensure these are correctly allocated and approved on the Ebis system and paid within the agreed supplier payment terms.
- Production of monthly supplier statement reconciliations
- Process sales ledger invoices where required.
- To liaise with customers to ensure prompt payment of invoices
- Processing payroll amendments and ensure information is communicated to HMRC & Pension provider
- Production of monthly payroll control account reconciliations.
- Accountancy qualification at HNC/HND level would be an advantage
- Experience of e-financial systems and processes
- Experience of Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivable activities
- Experience of managing ledgers, bank and other reconciliations
- Strong IT skills – competent user of MS Office, with a high level of proficiency in Excel
- Good Organisational skills and the ability to work accurately to deadlines
- Good communication skills, verbal and written
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 13 June 2021.
Interviews are likely to be 21 June 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.