***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
You will oversee day-to-day operations of Poppyscotland’s Grants Services, delivering independent financial-based decisions in a holistic manner and signposting to other services (internal and external) as and when appropriate to ensure the needs of those seeking support are met.
Key Skills / Experience
- Relevant experience working in a similar role or/and good level of general education – National 5 or equivalent.
- Experience of working in a grant giving/funding role in a similar environment
- Experience of providing advice and guidance to clients/customers
- Current knowledge of the statutory benefits system in Scotland
- Experience of managing administration systems
- Excellent IT skills – competent user of MS Office and familiar with client management systems
- Highly organised and able to deliver multiple priorities through effective time management
- Confident and effective communicator with reporting and presenting skills (verbal and written) for a range of audiences
- Self-motivated with ability to work on own initiative
- Strong team player, able to work effectively with a diverse range of people
- Keen attention to detail
- Ability to understand, analyse and use data to improve service provision
- Ability to use logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Effective listener, socially perceptive and empathetic with an awareness and understanding of why people may act and react as they do
- Respectful of client confidentiality
Further information and a Job Description is available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by 21 April 2022.
Interviews are likely to be on Friday 29 April 2022.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC 014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.