***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary circa £46K to £50K – based in Edinburgh
35 hours per week with a generous pension
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We are best known for running the iconic Scottish Poppy Appeal. This, combined with our other year-round fundraising, enables us to provide tailored support and vital services in advice, employment, mobility, respite, housing and mental health support to thousands of ex-Servicemen and women and their families to the extent of approximately £3 million per year.
We are seeking to recruit a Head of Finance whose primary responsibilities will be to oversee all financial aspects of Poppyscotland and The Lady Haig Poppy Factory and drive the company’s financial budgeting and planning including:
- The production of the annual statutory accounts, in line with FRS102 and the Charities SORP.
- Driving improvements in financial reporting, financial analysis and reconciliations
- Managing the financial relationship with The Royal British Legion and our subsidiary charity the Lady Haig Poppy Factory
- Fully Qualified Accountant (ACA/ACCA/ACMA or CIPFA/CIMA)
- Experience of operating at Head of Finance level managing a small team
- Experience of preparing consolidated statutory accounts for audit and leading an annual budgeting process
- Experience of reporting to, advising and influencing Senior Management and the Board of Trustees.
- Experience of developing new processes and procedures and of leading change
- Practical knowledge of tax legislation in relation to investments and gift aid
- Adaptable and flexible to varying workloads and changing work practices and procedures
- Reliable, responsible, and dependable to meeting external and internal deadlines
- Good communication skills with the ability to convey information effectively to non-financial audiences
- Experience of working in a charity would be advantageous
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by 26 May 2021.
Interviews are likely to be 9 June 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.