***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: 18 month Fixed Term Contract, Full Time, 35 hours per week
Salary: £45,000 per annum pro rata
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Head of HR (PoppyScotland) to work with our CEO and senior leadership team to provide an HR advisory service. Although this is a stand alone Head of HR role you will have the support of the wider Royal British Legion HR team and an opportunity to collaborate and develop integrated working.
You will support, advise and coach managers in all areas of people management, including employee relations, and management of our people data. In conjunction with our partners you will also act as the local governance lead, and have an oversight of safeguarding and health and safety procedures.
If successful you will be responsible or:
- Support, develop and coach managers in relation to complex or sensitive day to day people management issues and ensure compliance with the relevant employment legislation and the interest of the organisation including performance management, restructuring, setting standards, team effectiveness, talent identification, remedial action and interventions where necessary.
- Actively identify opportunities for greater employee engagement and improved internal communications.
- To develop policies and procedures for the effective management and support of staff and ensure statutory compliance. Keeping abreast of new developments both in terms of legislation and best practice through CPD and networking.
- To advise on disciplinary and grievance cases and attend hearings, providing advice to the Manager chairing the hearing and ensure the procedures are followed. To represent Poppyscotland at Employment Tribunal as necessary.
- Liaising with RBL resourcing team for all recruitment campaigns, and oversee the subsequent induction programme for all new members of staff
- Responsible for the accuracy of data on the HR database i-Trent
In addition, you will be CIPD qualified with a wide range of experience across the various HR functions together with the ability to build relationships to deliver HR solutions which meet the needs of Poppy Scotland. You will be flexible in your approach with excellent planning and organisational skills.
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community which includes those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital advice, assistance and funding.
As an inclusive employer, we welcome conversations on flexible working and any reasonable adjustments that may be required.
We believe that the compassion, understanding and service we show each, and every individual customer should be reflected in the way we all support, respect and include every individual who works with us.
Interviews are likely to be undertaken via Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Closing date is 3 April – applications should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org