***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Glasgow or Edinburgh
Salary – £27,300 pro rata for 21 hours per week £16,380
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
You will be responsible for securing significant income through Major Gifts, Charitable Grants, Trusts, Foundations and Non-statutory Funding Bodies, to fund general and specific projects. Researching and identifying appropriate funders, whose criteria match our needs, preparing cases for support and submitting compelling written bids and complex grant applications as appropriate and building positive ongoing relationships to maximize the possibility of repeat grants. You will work with colleagues to identify priority work and develop a strong ‘Case for support’ along with timescales and detailed budgets. You will be responsible for ensuring grants are received, payment schedules are adhered to and timely reporting is actioned in order to keep funders informed of our work.
- Research and identify sources of income from statutory sources, grant-making trusts, corporate trusts, individual trusts and other Major Gift prospects.
- Prepare, write and submit compelling grant applications to charitable trusts and foundations and major gift prospects.
- To research, develop and submit high quality funding applications to Trusts and Foundations in relation to the relevant projects.
- To undertake appropriate presentations and activities in relation to our Trusts and Foundations applications.
- Nurture good relationships with existing and prospective donors, and develop and deliver excellent stewardship programmes.
- To liaise with all relevant internal and external bodies including The Royal British Legion, Legion Scotland and The Lady Haig Poppy Factory in the development and delivery of special projects.
- Track and report back on income raised against clearly defined targets and deadlines.
Key Skills & Experience
- Experience of a similar role or within a professional fundraising environment
- Knowledge and experience of grants and foundations fundraising, and statutory applications.
- Experience in marketing, sales or business development would be an advantage
- Strong written and communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences
- Good research skills with the ability to spot an opportunity
- Ability to develop and nurture good relationships with existing and prospective donors
- Ability to work collaboratively
- Excellent planning and project management skills
- Good financial and budget management skills
- Confident MS Office user including the ability to use spreadsheets and databases effectively
Further information and a full job description is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday 18 September 2019.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interviews are likely to be 3 or 4 October 2019 in Edinburgh
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland, Scottish Charity No SC014096. A Company limited by guarantee, Registered in Scotland No 194803 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HR. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No 219279.