***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland is seeking to appoint a new PR Manager as the charity embarks on an exciting and ambitious new strategy which will take us beyond our centenary year in 2021.
In recent years Poppyscotland have secured an extremely high media profile and engaged in many innovative PR activities to highlight the needs of our beneficiaries and the impact of our work. We have also secured the support of several celebrity ambassadors to further enhance our publicity.
While experience of working for a publisher or broadcaster is beneficial, applicants must be able to demonstrate their success in building the reputation and standing of an organisation through delivering strategic communications strategies. With more news content moving online, we are especially keen to hear from candidates with a track record of increasing an organisations presence and profile on digital media platforms.
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
- Build Poppyscotland’s profile and standing by generating coverage via national, local and digital media channels.
- Engage and influence a wide range of audiences including the Armed Forces community, supporters, volunteers, national and local government, other charities and the general public.
- Act as primary point of contact within Poppyscotland for all media enquiries and respond effectively, both during office hours and out of hours.
- Develop and maintain links with the media in Scotland, both nationally and regionally, to maximise coverage for Poppyscotland.
- Oversee and further develop Poppyscotland’s portfolio of case studies, ensuring the wellbeing of these beneficiaries is protected and their stories used sensitively to enhance the charity’s reputation and standing.
- Assist with the development of the organisation’s key messages ensuring they are consistently delivered and the brand is promoted accurately and positively.
- Work with Head of Marketing to contribute to and develop the marketing strategy.
- Supervise PR & Marketing Coordinator on day to day basis.
Knowledge & Experience
Applications are encouraged from PR professionals with a Degree qualification in a communications field or equivalent who have the following experience:
- a few years experience working within a PR & marketing environment working with the media on a proactive and reactive basis and who can demonstrate both creativity and an acute attention to detail.
- Demonstrated success building the reputation and standing of an organisation through delivering strategic communications strategies especially via digital media platforms.
- Ability to write compelling content (e.g. press releases, opinion pieces) that editors, and the public, will care about
- Experience acting as a primary contact within a press office
- Experience of building and nurturing relationships with relevant journalists
- Excellent interpersonal skills
Further information is available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. Please send CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet all of the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday 18 February.
Interviews, including a short assessment, are likely to be on Monday 1 March, 2020, via video conference.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.