***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Salary £24,500 to £27,000 –Edinburgh/Home based
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community which includes those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital advice, assistance and funding.
You will work with the team of Regional Fundraisers with your main responsibility being to develop, implement and grow supporter-led fundraising across the East of Scotland. You will recruit and support volunteers and ensure they have a great experience whilst fundraising for Poppyscotland. A critical part of this role is also to support our volunteer Poppy Appeal Area Organisers to maximise their local Poppy Appeal incomes.
Key Skills / Experience
- experience of delivering regional fundraising activities
- experience of recruiting, motivating, managing and developing volunteers undertaking fundraising activities
- experience of using fundraising databases and spreadsheets
- experience of managing projects within budget and deadline
- excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to represent the organisation effectively to a wide range of external stakeholders and supporters with a positive and co-operative attitude
- strong written communication skills with the ability to create innovative and persuasive presentations and proposals to a range of audiences
- a willingness to use initiative and take on responsibilities and challenges
- financial management skills including ability to budget forecast and report fundraising income and expenditure
- full, UK driving licence is essential
- knowledge of the local business and volunteering sector in the East of Scotland and the military is desirable
Further information and Job Description is available from https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday 28 November 2021.
This is a permanent post, working 35 hours up to five days a week (flexible working pattern to meet business needs). The role forms part of the centrally based fundraising team in Edinburgh, it offers the opportunity for a mix of home & office working. Includes a generous company pension, an employee assistance programme and learning and development opportunities
Interviews are likely to be 3 December 2021 by Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.