***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
We are seeking to recruit an administrator to provide excellent support and customer service to fundraising staff, volunteers and to the general public in relation to the Poppy Appeal in the East of Scotland.
- To undertake all administration duties in relation to the Scottish Poppy Appeal including maintaining records, processing correspondence, financial returns and filing.
- To provide support and guidance to Poppyscotland supporters and volunteers to ensure all procedures are followed with regard to Poppy appeal orders paperwork and cash collections
- To accurately record and process orders from Poppy Appeal Area Organisers (PAAO)
- To develop quality relationships with Poppyscotland supporters
- To have an awareness of all Poppy Appeal supplies and procedures, including despatch and delivery and liaise with the Lady Haig Poppy Factory in respect of special orders
- To process finances on the Fundraising Database – Thank Q – reconcile PAAOs’ statements against their income and investigate any variance and query where appropriate
- Prepare donation receipt letters.
- Ensure all Scottish Poppy Appeal activities collect and manage donor data in accordance with relevant legislation and Poppyscotland policies.
- To be a proactive member of the Fundraising team and provide assistance when required.
- Good administration skills with an organised and methodical approach
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Databases
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
- Flexible approach to variable workload with a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges and use own initiative
- Basic understanding of financial/accounting principles and budgetary processes
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Good Team worker with a positive, polite and cooperative attitude
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by 22 August 2021.
Interviews are likely to be 1 September 2021 via Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.