***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
We are seeking to recruit an administrator to provide excellent support and customer service to fundraising staff, volunteers and to the general public all year round in relation to the Poppy Appeal in the East of Scotland. This role is available on a hybrid basis, allowing you to split your time between office and home working if desired. The role will be mainly office based from September to January.
- Providing support and guidance to 250 Poppy Appeal Area Organisers (PAAO’s), 200 Regional Retail Outlets and Regional Fundraising staff ensuring all ordering and income processing procedures are followed
- Communicating with PAAOs and regional retail outlets, providing direction to meet critical deadlines (including cash deposits), following up those who have missed them and referring or escalating when required.
- Process finances including cash returns, cheques, and bank deposits. Reconciling PAAOs’ statements against their income and investigating any variances, updating the database, providing relevant financial reports to the Finance team, and producing and despatching donation receipt letters
- To raise purchase orders and receipt goods
- Ensure all Scottish Poppy Appeal activities collect and manage donor data in accordance with relevant legislation and Poppyscotland policies.
- To provide support at appropriate events
- Ideally with administrative experience in a customer focussed environment
- Basic understanding of financial/accounting principles
- Good IT skills including Microsoft Office suite, particularly Excel, Word, Outlook and Databases
- Strong team player able to work effectively with diverse range of colleagues and volunteers
- Flexible and adaptable to changing demands and variable workloads
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Knowledge and experience of the charitable Sector/ fundraising and the Armed Forces is desirable but not essential
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available at https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by Wednesday 23 February 2022.
Interviews are likely to be 7 March 2022.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.