***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support to our Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families. At times of crisis and need we offer them vital practical advice, assistance and funding.
We are seeking to recruit an administrator to provide support and excellent customer service to fundraising staff, volunteers and to the general public in relation to the Poppy Appeal East.
- To undertake all administration duties in relation to the Scottish Poppy Appeal including record maintenance, processing correspondence, financial returns and filing.
- To provide administrative support and guidance to Poppyscotland supporters volunteers and Regional Fundraising staff concerned with conducting the Poppy Appeal ensuring all procedures are followed with regard to order paperwork and cash receipts
- To accurately record and process orders from Poppy Appeal Area Organisers (PAAO) in a timely manner
- To develop quality relationships with Poppyscotland supporters through excellent written and verbal communication.
- To have an awareness of all Poppy Appeal supplies and procedures, including dispatch and delivery and liaise with the Poppy Factory in respect of special orders
- Provide direction to PAAOs to meet critical deadlines (including cash deposits), following up those who have missed them and referring or escalating when required.
- To process finances – reconcile PAAOs’ statements against their income and investigate any variance
- Check and process PAAOs’ expenses and query where appropriate
- Assist with the daily post procedure.
- Maintain complete and accurate records of financial and volunteer records on the Fundraising Database – Thank Q
- Input financial batches to the fundraising database and prepare donation receipt letters.
- Ensure all Scottish Poppy Appeal activities collect and manage donor data in accordance with relevant legislation and Poppyscotland policies.
- To be a proactive member of the Fundraising team and provide assistance when required.
- To work at all times within the guidelines of the Institute of Fundraising best practice.
- Good administration skills with an organised and methodical approach
- Ability to use Microsoft Office and Databases
- Experience of working in a customer focussed environment
- Flexible approach to variable workload with a willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges and use own initiative
- Basic understanding of financial/accounting principles and budgetary processes
- Good communication skills both written and verbal
- Effective time management and ability to work to deadlines.
- Good Team worker with a positive, polite and cooperative attitude
Further information is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by noon on Monday 3 June 2019.
Interviews are likely to be on Monday 10 June 2019 in Edinburgh.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.