***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
35 hours per week – based Edinburgh or Glasgow travel across Scotland required
Poppyscotland provides life-changing support for the Armed Forces community. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families at times of need by offering vital, practical advice, assistance and funding. The main funding for this support is achieved by the annual Scottish Poppy Appeal.
We are seeking to recruit a Volunteer Development Officer whose primary responsibility will be to recruit, develop and support volunteers across Scotland the majority of whom act as Area Organisers for the annual Scottish Poppy Appeal. Occasional travel and working outwith normal office hours may be required. You will have access to a Poppyscotland vehicle.
· Recruitment and development of Poppyscotland volunteers
· Delivery and evaluation of volunteer recruitment campaigns
· Refresh resources for volunteers, including templates for induction packs, handbooks and on-line facilities
· Development and delivery of the volunteer development programme
· To monitor the implementation and compliance of policies and procedures affecting volunteers and ensure they are up-to-date
· To maintaining accurate financial records of expenditure
· Ensure agreed targets and performance indicators are met within budget
· To undertake social media and website posting and administration as appropriate
Skills & Experience
· Good standard of education to Higher (AS) level or equivalent
· Experience of volunteer recruitment and development is desireable
· Experience of managing multiple priorities with conflicting deadlines
· Experience of providing advice and guidance within a support function
· Experience of Microsoft Office and databases, ideally ThankQ and Mail chimp
· Effective Communication skills both verbally and in writing and ideally with experience of public speaking
· Ability to use social media and other digital technology
· Full Clean Driving Licence is essential
Further information is available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. Please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to email@example.com by 20 July 2020.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Interviews are likely to be on 28 July 2020.