***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Home based – East & South East
£19,000 (pay award pending)
Poppyscotland is at the forefront of delivery of support to our Armed Forces community across Scotland. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families at times of crisis and need by offering vital, practical advice, assistance and funding.
Our work centres around six key areas: tailored support and funding, advice, employment, mobility, housing and mental health. While much of this work is delivered directly, collaboration with other specialist organisations for the benefit of Scotland’s Armed Forces community is at the heart of Poppyscotland’s approach.
You will provide administrative support to the Regional Welfare Team to ensure that individuals within the Armed Forces community receive appropriate welfare support seamlessly taking a person-centered approach. This will include gathering, collating, and preparing required documentation from clients for grant applications; keeping clients and case managers up to date with developments on casework; ordering goods, creating purchase orders and processing invoices; and ensure all case working records are up to date and GDPR compliant. You will also be responsible for a level of client engagement which will include support with appointments and the provision of peer support sessions.
Key Skills & Experience
- Significant administrative experience
- experience of working in a customer focused environment
- excellent organisational and planning skills with experience of diary management or work scheduling for a busy service
- experience of working within a person-centered advice, social care, advocacy, or welfare services
- knowledge of the scope and provision of statutory welfare services
- knowledge and experience of Safeguarding.
- Ability to use Microsoft 365 products and Case / Management Information Systems
- good time management skills and calm under pressure
- effective interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with a variety of stakeholders
Further information and a Job Description is available from https://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/careers. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on 11 March 2022.
Interviews are likely to be on Tuesday 22 March 2022 by Microsoft Teams.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.