***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Poppyscotland is at the forefront of delivery of support to our Armed Forces community across Scotland. We reach out to those who have served, those still serving, and their families at times of crisis and need by offering vital, practical advice, assistance and funding.
Our work centres around seven key areas: tailored support and funding, advice, employment, mobility, respite, housing and mental health. While much of this work is delivered directly, collaboration with other specialist organisations for the benefit of Scotland’s Armed Forces community is at the heart of Poppyscotland’s approach.
The four newly created Welfare Support Officers will provide support and advocacy to vulnerable beneficiaries and or those identified as having multiple and complex needs. As well as develop and manage individual Support Plans, acting as point of contact for clients whilst working in collaboration with partner organisations to draw on inputs from a wide network of professionals, agencies and volunteers.
These roles will be home based and will involve regular travel across one of the four regions of Scotland as outlined in the Job Description. You may also have to work outside office hours as necessary.
Key Skills & Experience
- general health, social care employment and housing casework experience
- experience of working in the Health and Social Care, Housing/Homeless sector
- Experience of advocating on behalf of clients and beneficiaries
- Knowledge of UK benefits system, statutory support and relevant legislation
- Knowledge of mental health, homelessness, offending and substance abuse issues and how to access services for clients
- Full clean Driving Licence is essential and own car is desirable
- A relevant qualification in substance misuse and addiction, mental health, housing and homelessness, criminal justice and offending is desirable but not essential
- PVG membership will be required
Further information about the role and the skills and qualities required are contained in the Job Description available at http://www.poppyscotland.org.uk/about-us/current-vacancies/. If you are interested in this role please send your CV and covering letter, highlighting how you meet the key skills and experience, to firstname.lastname@example.org by 23 January 2019.
Interviews are likely to be 4-6 February 2019.
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks of the closing date you may conclude that you have not been short-listed for interview. As a charity we are unable to respond to all applications received due to the costs involved.
Poppyscotland is a member of The Royal British Legion group of charities, and is a trading name of The Earl Haig Fund Scotland. Scottish Charity No. SC014096. A Company limited by guarantee. Registered in Scotland No. 194893 at New Haig House, Logie Green Road, Edinburgh EH7 4HQ. The Royal British Legion, Haig House, 199 Borough High Street, London SE1 1AA. Charity Registration No. 219279