***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Excellent benefits and pension scheme
Sheldrake Training Limited (STL) is the newly established trading arm of RACPD, a charitable trust providing apprenticeships, part-time and short courses to Army personnel and dependants. RACPD has a reputation for high quality; market relevant training and we wish to extend that out to the local community through STL. Sheldrake is now looking for a talented and successful business development professional to initiate and secure that new business, ideally in current markets but with scope to extend beyond.
This is a new post and an exciting opportunity for an ambitious individual who is proactive, enjoys autonomy but is also a highly effective team player. The successful candidate will be responsible for the commercial development of Sheldrake, building it into a thriving business offering a range of training programmes to current and new markets. They will have responsibility for a range of activities including leading on sales and business development opportunities, tendering, proposal development, and design and launch of new propositions to the market. This is an executive level post and the incumbent will be expected to be part of the RACPD Senior Management Team, planning for the future of the company.
Ideally you will:
- Have extensive commercial experience.
- Be able to prepare and review outgoing tender submissions, contracts, and financial plans.
- Have a proven track record of new business development and sales in a commercial and/or educational setting.
- Be a strategic, creative thinker comfortable with generating ideas and with the ability to turn those ideas into real business opportunities.
- Work at executive level with little supervision.
- Be an outstanding team player with excellent organisational and interpersonal skills.
- Experience of marketing or branding will be an advantage.
Applications should be made via post or email with a CV and a covering letter stating your current salary and explaining why you would be suitable for the post to: Jema Evans, HR Advisor, RACPD, Royal Artillery Barracks, Larkhill, Salisbury SP4 8QT. email: email@example.com
Please note this role is subject to security clearance.
Sheldrake Training is committed to equal opportunities and to selection on merit. It welcomes applications from all sections of the community irrespective of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race (including colour, nationality and ethnic or national origins), religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation.
Sheldrake Training has a commitment to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of learners and expects all staff to share this commitment.
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2017