***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
(UP TO 12 MONTHS MATERNITY COVER)
Salary £30349 40 hours per week worked Monday – Friday
Based at Leicester HQ with a blended approach to home working post COVID
Are you looking for an accountant with a bit of a difference, knowing that you’re making a real impact in supporting the work of the wider RAF Association providing welfare support to the RAF community? This is a rewarding opportunity to support the finance function of two of our subsidiary companies along with our Retail and ecommerce team and supporting circa 300 RAF Association branches and clubs.
Whilst traditionally the accountant role is all about the figures, this is an opportunity where you will be actively involved in assisting our volunteer Branch Treasurers to understand their responsibilities and supporting them in an encouraging and patient manner. Some branches may require more detailed guidance and therefore impeccable interpersonal skills at all levels are integral to the role. The role involves many of the responsibilities you would expect to find in senior finance role including:
- Preparation of management accounts of two Association subsidiaries, monthly budget performance reports, annual accounts, balance sheet reconciliations, general accruals and prepayments.
- Manage and maintain subsidiaries fixed asset register including depreciation calculations
- Develop monitoring procedures for identifying branches which are struggling and plan programme of support
- Experience of working with budget holders and key stakeholders
- Act as a source of expertise on branch deposits, loans, rebates, expenses and donations
- Knowledge of the application of charity funds, Gift Aid, VAT and seek expert advice where necessary
- Interpret and analyse financial information and prepare reports for the boards.
- Work with Retail and ecommerce Managers to optimise stock levels, margins on merchandise and manage petty cash and event floats.
The ideal candidate will have an accountancy qualification and a track record of working in a similar sized organisation. Experience of working within the charity sector would be desirable although not essential. Accountancy software such as Sage will be an essential criteria for this role along with the ability to analyse processes, review problems and recommend solutions. Overall we are looking for a passionate individual who has the desire to use their accountancy skills for a wider social purpose and as a result will gain immense job satisfaction from seeing these worthwhile activities reach those who really need it as well as being part of a collaborative values led organisation.
To apply, please send your CV and covering letter describing how your experience aligns with the job specification and send to email@example.com
Closing Date 8am Friday 7 May 2021
First round interviews will take place via video call on Microsoft Teams
RAFATRAD Limited is a wholly owned subsidiary of the RAF Association