***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
This is a part-time role – Monday to Thursday
The primary purpose of the role is to provide administrative and clerical support to the Chairman and Secretary of the Association. The role would suit someone who is self confident, alert, industrious, and attentive to detail.
Principal duties include:
- Managing the Association’s files and database of Branch officials and the membership in line with DPA 18.Sending out notices of Association meetings, recording the minutes of meetings (less AGM at NMA) and circulating them subsequently.
- Conducting surveys and following up returns around the Association’s Branches.
- Being the conduit to the Webmaster and the Social Media Coordinator of all notices, reports, articles and photographs the Association and its Branches, plus the RHQ, create for further dissemination by those means.
- Be the primary responder to enquiries and questions raised through the website including further dissemination of them if more detailed clarification and expertise is required.
- Any other germane task, akin to the above, as directed, from time to time, by the Chairman or Secretary of the Association
- Act as Secretary to the Drummond and Prize Committee
Of note is the ability to communicate regularly by phone, face-to-face or by email with the Branch Chairmen and Secretaries around the Association and to build up a strong working relationship with them.
This is a non-mobile post and does not carry any Travel & Subsistence (T & S) however some local travel may occasionally be required.
Because of the cyclic nature of the Association calendar it will be necessary to plan leave around key dates.
Line Management will rest solely with Office Manager RHQ AMS and the Employer is The RAMC Charity.
Salary is £21K gross per annum (non negotiable) and paid annual leave of 22 days excluding paid official MOD public holidays. The packgage also includes an employer’s contribution pension.