***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent full time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent
37 hours per week
Salary: circa £23,500 per annum
Main purpose of job:
To manage and lead the Basecamp staff team made up of volunteers and employees, in the community hub and café facility on the Royal British Legion Village in Aylesford, where you and the team will prepare food and beverages to a high standard, serve customers, ensure that all areas are hygienic, clean, tidy and presentable at all times and provide goods, services and plan and deliver creative community events that are designed to improve the community offer of the Basecamp café either as part of the Basecamp events programme and laterally supporting the RBLI calendar of events throughout the year.
- Carry out and develop all changes to the operating model of Basecamp as directed by Basecamp line manager.
- Take the lead on developing the café menu to reflect customer’s preferences and wider culinary trends.
- Ensure that the menu caters for special diets and meets general nutritional needs.
- Ensuring the smooth running of the Basecamp café facility in line with RBLI’s requirements and customers’ needs.
- Ensuring excellent standards of customer service are upheld by the whole team at all times.
- Develop and grow the community appeal of Basecamp delivering a constantly fresh and evolving experience by Planning promotions and new initiatives.
- Oversee management of all facilities to include Children’s outdoor adventure park and outdoor seated areas.
- Ensuring all food and non-food orders are placed with an approved supplier in a timely and appropriate manner for all goods and services requirements.
- Ensure Base Camp is suitably promoted on social media and by working with the RBLI marketing and PR team to develop increased awareness.
- Monitor and manage stock control to ensure best use of storage area and minimise wastage of perishable items.
- Working with RBLI’s Volunteering Manager to ensure balanced and fair utilisation of volunteers in all operational areas.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive approach to management of staff and volunteers.
- Holding appraisals in line with Company policy and developing your team as necessary.
- Managing staff absence – sickness, holidays etc.
- Planning and managing staff and volunteer rotas in a balanced and fair manner, to ensure sufficient cover in all areas.
- Lead on recruiting and training permanent, part time and volunteer staff.
- Ensuring the security of cash and premises.
- Ensuring sales and profits are maximised.
- Controlling, influencing and managing financial budgets in a professional manner.
- Ensuring all financial targets are met.
- Carrying out regular supplier bench-marking exercises to ensure efficient and best value purchasing of all goods and services.
- Managing stock and waste in a controlled, cost-efficient and professional manner.
- Manage the Basecamp café budget as forecasted for the financial year and contribute towards planning future financial forecasts in line with the business need.
- Taking joint responsibility for all Health & Safety compliance for the facility and escalating noncompliance appropriately.
- Taking joint responsibility for all Food Hygiene compliance for the facility and escalating noncompliance appropriately.
- Ensuring all other regulatory and RBLI policies and procedures are adhered to at all times to include compliance with Fire, Licensing and employee regulations.
- Keeping up-to-date HACCP records.
- Dealing with issues – staff, customer or general – in a professional and appropriate way and reporting and escalating further to the Welfare & Communities Manager as required.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Creative and lively
- Enjoys working with the public
- Entrepreneurial approach
- Strong leader
- A real foodie who enjoys catering
- Inclusive approach to staff matters
- Good verbal communication skills
- Personable and positive manner
- Diligent and able to work on own initiative.
- Customer service advocate
- Good decision making skills
- Financially astute
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Retail environment with foodstuffs and hot and cold beverages.
- Direct constant contact with customers.
- Contact with and supervision of vulnerable adults.
- Any clothing associated directly with Food Hygiene etc., will be provided by RBLI.
- The location of the Community Hub is not “attached” to any other RBLI building on site, so a level of autonomy will be present.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Diploma or above in Hospitality and management
- Creative Catering Skills
- At least 2 yrs previous experience in a management/supervisory role.
- 2 yrs’ catering experience in a retail environment.
- “Front of house” experience.
- Experience in managing a budget
- Excellent customer service skills.
- A DBS check will be required at RBLI’s cost.
- Experience of the requirements of Hazard Analysis and Critical Control Points (HACCP).
- Food Hygiene Certificate(s).
- Proven Business and commercial acumen
- Drive to improve standards and profitability.
- Results based experience in developing and increasing profit.
- Trained and experienced Barista.
- Being able to develop further business beyond current core clientele.
- Qualification in Hospitality
- Experience in working in and around a community environment.
- Experience of working in and around Armed forces Veterans.
- Driving license Cat B and above
- Mental health awareness training
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date NO AGENCIES
Closing Date: Friday 7 August 2020