***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week Based in Aylesford, Kent
Salary: £28-31,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Overview of the Role & Team:
This is a new role introduced to support RBLI’s ambitious Centenary Village development and our work with our major donors. It is a vitally important role supporting our Director of Strategic Development in managing the campaign’s Development Board activity, and sits at the very heart of RBLI’s flagship £22m fundraising campaign. The Campaign Co-ordinator will work closely with senior stakeholders internally and externally and is vital to maintaining the momentum of meetings and engagement opportunities for the campaign. It is an exciting time to join RBLI’s fundraising team to help close the final £4m of the capital campaign, and as the wider RBLI fundraising team expands with fast-growing individual giving, events, and merchandising activities.
Main Purpose of the Job:
- Maintain campaign momentum by organising meetings, visits and engagement activities.
- Support with major donor communications.
- Arrange Campaign Development Board meetings and prepare materials.
- Prepare high-level briefings.
- Record and track campaign gifts.
- Arrange and organise high-level donor tours of the charity.
- Arrange and organise cultivation events, dinners, large meetings, and drinks receptions.
- Ensure the highest quality donor stewardship, relationship and account management across all these activities.
- Arrange meetings with major donors, and development board members, ensuring email and phone calls to confirm and effective follow up including drafting short notes.
- Prepare detailed briefings for meetings.
- Arrange Development Board meetings and support with meeting materials and presentation preparation ahead of the meeting and ensuring meeting actions are consolidated.
- Prepare campaign materials including case for support documents and short update newsletters.
- Arrange Donor visits and charity tours including presentations, internal briefings of experts, beneficiary attendance, and refreshments.
- Organise campaign cultivation and engagement events, including dinners, drinks receptions, large meetings, including communications with senior stakeholders involved
- Daily support with donor and stakeholder communications.
- Manage the diary of the Development Board Director in such a way that donor relationships are prioritised.
- Ensure that donors are thanked quickly and warmly.
- Track donor relationship management and funder reporting requirements, as well as stewardship communications, to strengthen RBLI’s relationships.
- Support with campaign progress reporting.
- Ensure effective use of RBLI’s CRM database ThankQ for effective communication and accurate record keeping of gifts ensuring that all contact with donors is co-ordinated.
- Support with prospect research across individuals, trusts and corporates
- Manage prospect lists ensuring they are routinely updated and routinely re-prioritised
- This role will be office-based.
- Occasional evening meetings with supporters, attendance at fundraising events.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Experience in a senior role within a busy target-driven office environment.
- Significant working understanding of sales, fundraising or income generation environments and winning teams.
- Diary management or Exec Assistant experience.
- Event organisation experience and successful track record of delivering events with clear sales or leadgeneration goals.
- Experience working with senior contacts, both internal and external, to achieve high-level introductions to new contacts and decision makers.
- Able to research, assess, prioritise and initiate new opportunities.
- Able to match prospects to opportunities and engagement activity.
- Excellent and positive verbal communication skills, able to build strong relationships, make supporters feel appreciated and encourage involvement in events and tours.
- Excellent written communication skills, able to vary written communication style, produce at high quality briefings, and write successfully for commercial as well as individual philanthropic readers.
- IT literate – use of word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and CRM databases.
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the big picture and contribute effectively to team plans and goals.
- Experience working as an Exec Assistant
- Direct experience within a capital fundraising or Major gifts team
- Trust fundraising or bid writing experience
- A degree and or equivalent/relevant professional qualifications.
- A professional working manner and clear communication at all times
- Well organised, proactive, enjoys efficiency
- Honesty is essential
- Attention to detail and interest in record keeping
- Able to motivate others and understand wider goals.
- To hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout the Kent area.
- Willing and able to work weekends and evenings when required
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance. To Apply:
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date NO AGENCIES
Closing Date: 11 December 2020