***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent, full time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent
37 hours per week
Salary: circa £33,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of the Job:
We are looking for an experienced Database Manager to manage, develop and maintain the charities database.
We have recently converted to Raisers Edge NXT and are looking for an exception candidate to complete the integration with ongoing ownership of the database.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage supporter and relevant volunteer data in Raisers Edge NXT and becoming the subject matter expert.
- Lead the implementation of Raisers Edge and fully integrate with RBLI business systems – Shopify, Mailchimp, Just Giving, Dispatch Cloud etc.
- Develop standard import processes for incoming data to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Drive continuous improvement in data quality by improving organisational understanding of data capture
- Play a leading role in ensuring all data sources and data flows (in the context of supporter / volunteer engagement and insight are synchronised in a timely and accurate manner.
- Promote best practice with regards to using data.
- Manage user access to ensure each user has sufficient, but not excessive data access to complete their duties, ensuing access is removed if someone’s role changes or they leave the organisation.
- Provide technical and expert advice to the organisation to ensure data quality and the value of insight is understood and valued.
- Responsible for the importing, maintaining, processing and exporting of data as well as analysis of supporter, financial, preference, consent and other data held on the fundraising database. This includes development and consistent maintenance of practices and protocols to ensure data integrity and legal compliance.
- The role will lead on key data analysis and insight and KPI reporting to ensure data and information is available in accessible formats, to support organisational reporting and
- Development of fundraising programmes
- Substantial customer database experience at either key user or administrator level.
- Successfully implemented database developments and adapted the use of customer databases to match business needs.
- Excellent understanding of relational database structure and ability to build complex queries and reports
- Highly computer/IT literate including experience of using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Ability to manage confidential information, multiple priorities and competing deadlines plus maintain an attention to detail.
- Proven experience utilizing analytical and strong problem solving skills.
- Strong ability and commitment to accuracy and database integrity.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and exercise independent action
- Demonstrated ability to work successfully in a team environment and collaborate across departments
Skills & Experience Required:
- Significant knowledge of Raisers Edge- 3+ years.
- Experience of using Raisers Edge at an administrator/ trainer level.
- Experience of working across teams to deliver technical solutions
- Solutions focussed and pro active
- Full Driving License and access to a car
- Experience of using shopify, Asana and ThankQ
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2021