***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week
Based in Aylesford, Kent
Salary: £36-38,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
This exciting role in the dynamic fundraising team based in Aylesford, Kent and will make a significant contribution to the RBLI’s annual income. You will work with both the community fundraising team and the marketing team to develop and lead on the implementation of digital campaigns across the website, social media and ecommunications. We’re looking for a strong team player with a creative approach to communicating with and engaging audiences online. The ideal candidate will be dedicated towards delivering great digital fundraising activity as well as bringing new ideas, experience and excellent communications skills to support in developing our digital fundraising strategy across the organisation. You will have proven experience in managing digital paid media fundraising activities including the implementation, analysis and management of campaigns. Ideally you will have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar role in the charity, public or private sector.
Main purpose of job:
The Digital Marketing Manager will join our busy Marketing & Fundraising Team with a focus on ensuring our digital content and online engagement tools are; maximising our reach, in line with current best practices and aligned to our brand and communications strategy.
• Responsible for developing RBLI’s on-line strategy to maximise engagement and financial targets
• Managing all social media platforms/Web and on-line activities
• Social media content planning across the charity
• Set up, plan and implement RBLI’S paid social and digital outreach for all divisions
• Work closely with Fundraising team and other RBLI divisions to set-up, deliver and optimise day-to-day paid campaigns (ads creation, keyword mining, targeting and tracking) to fit the needs of the projects
• Achieve set targets for supporter recruitment, conversions and income from digital activities and
monitor and evaluate income and ROI.
• Use analytics, user research and audience insight to develop and optimise activity, identifying new
target audiences to engage with and drive conversions.
• Produce and share regular analytical reports and results measuring campaign performance and impact.
• Have an understanding of Charity and Data Protection Regulation legislation including but not limited
to, Institute of Fundraising, Charity Digital Code, Fundraising Regulator and Charity Commission
• Keep abreast of digital marketing trends and practice within the third and for-profit sector.
• Manage contracts and relationship with external agencies and suppliers.
• Ensure all digital activity reflects the RBLI’s brand guidelines, aims and objectives.
• Carry out any other duties within the scope of the role.
• Excellent understanding and significant experience of digital marketing principles and best practices.
• Experience in using all on-line media platforms.
• Proven experience in delivering effective email marketing campaigns with a strong working knowledge
of best practice and understanding of email marketing platforms.
• Proven experience of using analytics tools (including Google Analytics) to generate income.
• Experience of using Mailchimp, WordPress, Google Display Network or the like as well as Adobe
Photoshop and InDesign. Anything else?
• Experience of briefing and working with external agencies.
• Strong knowledge in of SEO
• Experience in developing content for different audiences to drive conversion.
• Experience in creating supporter journeys.
• Experience of promoting national fundraising events.
• You will also have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and show initiative, flair and
enthusiasm for the work of the RBLI.
• Strong knowledge of maximising web sites
• This role will be office based with travel
Skills & Experience Required:
• Significant experience in running on-line campaigns with a financial target
• Creative and experience in designing on-line campaigns
• Delivering results and meeting customer expectations – working in a systematic, methodical and orderly way.
• Excellent oral and written communication skills with a thorough, accurate and excellent attention to
• Following instructions and adhering to policies and procedures.
• Outstanding planning and organising – managing time effectively, meeting deadlines and prioritising
• Working with people – working well as part of a team and supporting others.
• Writing and reporting – writing clearly and succinctly, in a well-structured and logical way.
• Takes initiative, acts with confidence and works under own direction.
• Keeps abreast of digital trends and tools.
• To hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout the Kent area.
• Willing and able to work weekends and evenings if required.
• Strong interpersonal skills, relating well to people at all levels.
• Creative flair, with the ability to spot a good story or opportunity.
• Marketing qualification or Digital qualifications