***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
18 month fixed term contract, working 12 hours per week
Based in Erskine, Scotland
£10.00 per hour
Main Purpose of the Job:
To manufacture printed products to a high quality standard to meet customer specification.
To assist in the training of others in turning customer copy into finished printed products.
To be trained in, and carry out associated tasks to the correct standard, whilst maintaining a safe working environment.
To be a team player, working closely with the supervisory team to meet the departmental targets, with a high attention to detail and a pride in their work.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company is a social enterprise and a division of Royal British Legion Industries.
Our mission: To enable veterans and others with disabilities to regain their independence through personal development involving employment and skills.
This position is key in our operational team, with the main function being to produce digital print products to the correct standard and to help develop others’ experience in this area. The team is overseen by the Operations Manager, who holds overall responsibility for the performance. The team itself is a diverse group of people, but with a common aim.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Work closely with other team members ensuring a safe working environment is maintained at all times
• Train others in the use of equipment and handling of material in our digital print room
• Produce printed materials and other associated products within our digital print room to appropriate specification ensuring that the correct materials are used
• Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job
• To assist with other tasks or activities within Manufacturing as requested by the relevant Supervisor, provided that appropriate training and guidance have been given to ensure capability
• Liaising with the management team to ensure the timely supply of all materials to meet production deadlines
• Raising any issues to improve SBMC in terms of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction
• Engage in mandatory training sessions
• To comply with Quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures
• To liaise with supervision to ensure you have the correct equipment for the job
• Strong attention to detail
• Can-do attitude
• Willing to learn new skills and record evidence of achievements throughout
• Team player
• Self-motivated with good team ethics
• To attend work on time each day, and to observe all applied rules and regulations
• Carry out tasks to the best of your ability, and to an agreed level of performance
• To work with colleagues in a professional, positive and supporting way
• To take direction and guidance from your line manager as required
• You may need Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety boots and goggles, which will be provided by SBMC
• Working in a factory, potentially with dust, noise and mobile equipment
• To observe factory processes, guidelines and instructions, and become familiar with, and adhere to all Health and Safety requirements, and the Safeguarding policy
Skills & Experience Required:
• Experience in digital print processes within a commercial print company
• Experience of training others in digital print or other processes
• Willingness to develop and engage in personal development programmes within the workplace
• Fulfil our recruitment criteria of service veteran or others with disabilities/from disadvantage
• Qualifications in digital print
• IT Qualifications
• Worked in a manufacturing, engineering, mechanical or similar role previously
• Business development experience in print or a similar marketplace
• Experience of working with others with disabilities
• Willingness to acquire qualifications in training and assessment processes
Competitive holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to email@example.com
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 17 December 2021