***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent full time contract, working 37 hours per week
Salary: £26,500 per annum
This role based in Maidstone, Kent or Home Based with the ability to travel to the Midlands and North England. The role will include extensive travel across the UK and some travel to Europe.
Main purpose of job
To be part of team of specialist trainers within Armed Forces Employment Support team at RBLI, delivering a variety of employability-related modules and courses to audiences from a wide range of backgrounds and walks of life – primarily veterans and their families. This highly rewarding yet demanding role required travel throughout the UK, and at times further afield and will include a large degree of autonomy amongst a heavy schedule of training delivery.
- To deliver a range of training packages/modules – many related to employability skills – to an often challenging audience – using a coaching approach.
- To deliver as part of a team responsible for ensuring sustainable outcomes for the attendees.
- To work with colleagues and others, to evolve course material and/or delivery to ensure it retains its relevance to the audiences and continues to provide appropriate outcomes.
- To liaise with other specialists where customers present with complex combinations of difficulties causing significant barriers to returning to work.
- To work with specialists in those areas where emotional and/or physical health needs to be incorporated into the training or where recipients of training are experiencing difficulties.
- To ensure that your own actions support equality, diversity and rights of our customers and their families.
- To work with the wider team to ensure the best possible delegate experience whether this be through delivery of training or other elements including administration.
- To be professionally and legally accountable for all aspects of own work.
- To reflect on own practice and develop new skills and abilities as required.
- To evaluate own performance and overall training/development performance of each programme delivered to ensure aims, objectives and outcomes are achieved.
- To be an active participant in any appropriate in-service training and development programmes.
- To work with Head of Armed Forces Employment Support and commercially focussed RBLI teams to implement strategy for external training revenue stream.
- To explore a range of opportunities to further increase revenue generation for all RBLI products specifically LifeWorks and other workshops.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital or family status, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, discrimination by association or any other personal factor or quality or a spent conviction (unless the Safeguarding of Adults at Risk (SAAR) regulations prevail in circumstances relating to a particular role).
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Verbal communication, including presentation and listening.
- Structured and organised.
- Problem solving and decisive.
- Team player.
- Client/delegate focussed.
Skills & Experience Required
- An experienced, adaptable and proactive trainer.
- Experience in HM Forces or the Emergency Services.
- Recent experience of delivering training and coaching in a range of formats to a wide variety of participants/learners.
- Must be willing to travel across the UK and abroad. Travel will account for up to 5 nights away from base location in up to 3 weeks out of each month
- Must have flexibility and be adaptable to change.
- Possess or be prepared to work towards PTLLS or other appropriate qualification.
- Experience of designing a range of training workshops, including aspects of employability and motivation
RBLI offer generous annual leave, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
Closing Date: 18 October 2019