***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent full time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent
37 hours per week
Salary: £25-27,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main purpose of job:
You will administrate our governance arrangements to ensure the smooth running of the Board of Trustees and its committees to strengthen our governance.
To provide high quality, timely efficient, and effective administrative support to the Chairman and Board of Trustees.
Assist the SMT to comply with all corporate and divisional governance.
Manage the company vehicle fleet and motor and facilities insurance related matters.
Overview of the Role & Team:
You will work within the Executive Team, working in the Chief Executive’s Office. The team supports the Chief Executive, Chair and the Board of Trustees who set the direction for the whole organisation and the executive leadership team who are accountable for delivery of operations against that direction.
• Support the Chairman, Trustees, CE and Finance Director on all Board and Governance matters.
• Maintain Board records and governing documentation
• Support the Governance review.
• Support the Chairman on Trustee Recruitment and Induction.
• Manage and action all CE and Board Level Complaints.
• Prepare and set up electronic presentations such as PowerPoint.
• Work with Board to introduce a new electronic Board Papers system by the end of 2020.
• Plan, with relevant Executive Assistants, the timings of Committees and submission of relevant actions/recommendations into Board submissions.
• Update Charity Commission and Companies House for new directors.
• Maintain up to date records of all company vehicles and ensure all MOT’s, tax, servicing and leasing requirements are carried out as necessary.
• Liaise with insurance broker on all insurance related matters including claims for all company policies (e.g. motor and facilities)
• Maintain company medical insurance scheme
• Provide support to the Executive Assistants within the Executive Group in absence or at times of peak activity.
• Act as an ambassador for the organisation in all internal and external activities at all times.
• Record written minutes of the meetings and prepare them for review and approval and keep the track of action items and discussions that require follow up.
• Maintain up to date paper and electronic records including Board packs, approved Board and Committee minutes, new Board and Committee member documents and annual Board Changes.
• Undertake any other reasonable task as requested by the Senior Management Team.
• Keep the Board up to date on all PR, new publications and other significant changes within RBLI.
• Fully IT literate including Microsoft Office (specifically Outlook/Word/Excel and PowerPoint).
• Ability to use own initiative to make informed judgements with limited supervision and guidance.
• Highly effective organisation and time management skills.
• A strong team player as duties will be varied and challenging. You must be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently on own initiative with the ability to effectively organise your own workload and to high standards.
• Capable of working under pressure and delivering to deadlines.
• Excellent communication skills, verbal and written with ability to work with a wide range of people.
• Strong attention to detail.
• A willingness and positive ‘can do’ attitude towards flexibility and adaptability in work.
• Tactful and diplomatic.
• Ability to handle confidential and sensitive material and to act with discretion at all times.
This role will be office based, some travel maybe required
Skills & Experience Required:
• Minimum of 5 years’ experience providing secretarial and administrative support to Senior Executives
• Experience of administrative support at Board or Senior Management level.
• IT literate – fully proficient in Microsoft Office, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlooks
• Experience working in a charity or not for profit environment, specifically Armed Forces and /or disability related
• Knowledge of legislation and regulation on governance relating to charities/not for profit organisations
• Sound understanding and experience of supporting compliance with corporate governance within commercial and charity sectors
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING Date: 31 March 2020