***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent, full time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent
37 hours per week
Salary: £35,000 per annum
Main Purpose of the Job:
To be responsible of the effective management of office and community facilities on the 75 acre RBLI Village in Aylesford. Ensuring that the site is safe and effective for staff and visitors.
Overseeing site and information security, cleaning, site safety, managing meeting rooms and community venues, managing site services contractors to ensure efficiency, value for money and minimising environmental impact.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure the physical security of the Aylesford site ensuring the site is unlocked daily at 7am and closed daily at 7pm by a member of the facilities team or designated staff member.
- Ensure the security of the physical site and information held on site is secure and complies with data security regulation and processes.
- Ensure that the site is safe for visitors and contractors and that appropriate health and safety guidance and authority to work is in place as required.
- Ensure meeting rooms are managed effectively and setup for users as required
- Ensure safe parking for staff and visitors including provision for disabled visitors
- Ensure colleagues have access to stationery and material required for the effective undertaking of their roles
- Manage key contractors to ensure the safe operation of the site maximising value for money and minimising environmental impact
- Manage the cleaning of the offices, factory and community spaces across the RBLI village
- Manage the archive to ensure documents are stored effectively and disposed of effectively at the appropriate time
- Develop and work with the Facilities team to maintain facilities service manuals for the offices, factory and community spaces on the RBLI village and in Leatherhead
- Provide monthly reports on activity and performance as required
- Lead and manage the Facilities team to support the staff of RBLI to achieve the charitable mission to improve the lives of vulnerable veterans
- Ensure that incoming and outgoing mail and deliveries are safely and effectively managed
- Advise on ways to improve the environmental efficiency of the site, working with the environmental steering group.
Health and Safety
- Ensure that risk assessments are in place for all physical areas and all key job roles across RBLIs offices and factory
- Provide advice and guidance to colleagues on health and safety at work
- Ensure that fire safety systems and plans are in place for offices and the factory
- Ensure that fire alarms are tested regularly and fire drills are run on periodic basis
- Induct new members of staff on key health and safety processes and complete DSE assessment and issue access fobs
- Ensure that the Capel Morris Centre, Garden or Honour and other community venues are safe and accessible for staff and visitors
- Ensure fire safety of the venues
- Put in place a booking process for the community venues and ensure users are provided with clear and accurate information
- Work with the Property Services team to ensure sites are setup to meet user requirements
- Control all income and expenditure within the agreed annual budget and ongoing forecasts to achieve successful cost control and income streams leading to successful financial management.
- Work with the Head of Property Services to cover maintenance priorities
- Work to ensure that contractors deliver with quality but also provide value for money
- Undertake all HR related activity and processes as requested by the HR Department and SMT including but not limited to absence management, performance management, investigations, disciplinary and grievance hearings and annual appraisals.
- Undertake recruitment as and when necessary in order to ensure that a balanced, skilled and flexible workforce is maintained now and in the future.
- Ensure that training needs are assessed, implemented and monitored for all team members where appropriate
- Implement Investors in People in the division as part of a Company-wide initiative.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all employees, providing training as appropriate and health and safety measures as required in order to comply with legislative requirements.
- Promote by example the high standards that RBLI expects of its employees and volunteers when representing RBLI and support staff and volunteers to understand and reach these standards.
- Enthuse and inspire the Facilities Team to deliver excellent services to colleagues and visitors
- Develop and foster good working relationships and communication with Head of Property Services, Health and Safety Manager and Senior Management across RBLI
- Ensure effective and clear communication with staff and visitors
- Develop plans to maximise the use of technology to deliver more effective and efficient services to colleagues
- During day to day activities, report any concerns to Head of Property Services or the Director of RBLI Living without delay.
- Be aware of and at all times comply with, all relevant company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including fire arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required.
- Greet all visitors and answer the telephone in a friendly and courteous and efficient manner and promote RBLI positively at all times in the local community.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and staff meetings.
- Maintain good working relations with all colleagues, visitors and contractors at all times.
- Participate in the supervision and appraisal process using RBLI procedures and documentation.
- Advise immediately any defects in plant or equipment used for the care and safety of staff or visitors as well as staff health and safety.
- Office based and community based on the RBLI Village in Aylesford
- Occasional visits to our site in Leatherhead, Surrey
- Leader and motivator
- Operationally focussed
- Financially astute
- Decision maker
- Team player
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant qualification or experience in facilities management.
- Experience of developing and delivering facilities management including staff and contractor management
- Experience of site safety procedures
- Experience of information security
- Understanding of Health and Safety, ideally holding an IOSH of similar qualification at Level 2 or above
- Excellent planning and organisational skills
- Able to challenge and take action to address poor performance
- Ability innovate and transform services to become customer focussed and deliver value for money
- Focussed on reducing environmental impact
- Management qualification
- Knowledge of charity or private sector
- Working with local authorities
- Risk Management
- Passionate about supporting veterans of the armed forces
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 31 October 2021