***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Full time, permanent
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Erskine, Scotland
Salary: £22-25,000 per annum
Deadline: 31 December 2018
Main purpose of job:
To effectively lead and oversee all technical and production activities of printed Graphics within the Print and Signs departments of SBMC. This role includes responsibility for technical specification, capacity planning, operator development, processes and quality compliance whilst also championing the vision, priorities and values of RBLI. In summary: –
- Ensure SBMC operators are developed as part of their individual plans to gain appropriate skills within the Print and Signs departments.
- To provide both specialist welfare advice and also general employment support to veterans many of whom have complex disabilities.
- A capacity to deliver a range of vocational and employability-based qualifications with understanding and empathy.
- Manage effective and efficient use of raw material
- Manage cost effective and efficient labour planning and processes
- Manage effective quality and compliance throughout the production process.
- Lead, motivate and assist in developing workforce to meet agreed targets
- Ensure technical specifications are delivered via drawings, templates and graphic representation.
Overview of the Role & Team:
This position is key in the veteran support and manufacturing team, with the main function being to develop SBMC veteran operators, developing their skills, building self confidence in turn enabling them to transition to employment within the civilian sector. You will facilitate the production of products to the correct standard including the planning, printing, cutting, laminating and assembly, sharing this knowledge and skills with the team.
- Identify processes, training plans and expected levels of performance, for all SBMC manufacturing operatives within Prints and Sign departments.
- Work closely with the Veteran Welfare Coordinator to ensure that the veterans receive the individual development plans and support that they require to transition into further employment.
- Work directly with the operational delivery team in successfully achieving points 1-8 above
- Assist in implementing modern and effective performance culture designed to meet key performance targets.
Communications & Reporting
- Provide an active communication link between sales, management and delivery teams within the SBMC print and signs team
- Ensure that relevant, timely and appropriate management information is provided according to requirement.
- Ensure clear lines of contact are kept with BBMC.
- Collaboration with specialist organisations
- Actively support the Operations Manager in achieving SBMC budget performance targets
- Take a lead role during the monthly stock take
- Act as ambassador for SBMC and RBLI both internally and externally
- To deliver both sales and customer service standards as agreed with the Director with regard to acknowledgement of enquiry, response deadline, quotation follow up, drawing production and associated activities.
- Ensure all drawings are approved and circulated as appropriate
Essential Skills and Experience:
- Experience of graphic design within a production environment, preferably within a sign making environment.
- Knowledge and understanding of the unique support required by individuals with diverse needs.
- Proven track record of leading successful production output to agreed targets
- Demonstrable success in managing compliance and quality within a production environment
- The ability to prioritise and manage workload
- A strong, confident leader and communicator with front line and management staff
- Experienced and comfortable working in a fast paced, customer focused environment
- High attention to detail
- Self-motivated with extremely good team ethic
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.