***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Permanent full time contract
Hours: 37 hours per week
Location: Office based in Aylesford, Kent with travel across the UK and Europe
Salary: up to £53,000 + £3,000 car allowance per annum
Closing Date: 10 June 2019
Main purpose of job:
Reporting directly to the Director of Employment Solutions, this role will lead on the effective delivery of RBLI’s Armed Forces Community employment activity encompassing serving personnel within the MoD through to veterans, their families and dependants. This will also encompass those with disabilities and other barriers to employment. This is a senior management role which will require the job-holder to be immersed into the diverse range of activities across this sector and provide careful and precise management expertise to successfully deliver performance on time and to plan. In summary the job-holder will:-
- Lead effective operational management of ES veteran employment services including Lifeworks, Lifeworks Families and MOD Vocational Assessment.
- Support across RBLI in enabling other Divisions to effectively deliver employment support to veterans including BBMC, SBMC and StepIn.
- Manage the commercial development of existing and new deliverable services.
- Lead the ongoing national awareness campaign of our services.
- Manage effective communications with senior MoD officials and be familiar with HM Armed Forces culture.
- Manage effective operational compliance with Company governance standards.
- Manage effective operational compliance with all Statutory and contract requirements.
- Inspire, lead, manage and develop a high performance team
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage full programme performance appropriately and effectively to meet performance parameters
- Manage the levels of referrals to maintain programme performance within the VRTS timetable
- Maintain up to date knowledge to provide support and information on programme delivery, to include internal and external processes, IT systems and effective working methods
Business Development and Commercial
- Develop and implement plans for the delivery of new, innovative services for the Armed Forces community and other potential beneficiaries
- Proactively identify opportunities to collaborate with military charities to the benefit of RBLI beneficiaries
- Hold full operational management responsibility and accountability for working within the financial parameters agreed for all delivery including all related projects, raising potential exceptions with the Director of Employment Solutions and relevant functional leads should these arise
- Lead on the operational formation and delivery of all relevant budgets and forecast activity across areas of responsibility
- Assist with grant applications and funding bids
- Foster and maintain working relationships with partner employment organisations across the statutory and 3rd sectors; often acting as RBLI’s ambassador within the wider military community
- Ensure that Armed Forces employment support activity is effectively integrated across all areas of RBLI’s operations
- To place our customers (beneficiaries and stakeholders) at the heart of all our delivery activity, ensuring such focus is embedded within delivery frameworks
- Establish and implement effective people plans to deliver the required operational performance
- Work directly with commercial, business support, corporate and operational delivery teams to successfully achieve points 1-8 above
- Intelligently utilise effective and positive relationship management across the organisation to achieve operational success
Communications & Reporting
- Provide an effective communication link between Executive management and delivery teams across all areas of responsibility
- Ensure that relevant, timely and appropriate management information is provided according to requirement for all activity both to management and non-management levels
- Effectively manage the establishment and delivery of statutory and Corporate compliance frameworks throughout all activities, including but not limited to Health & Safety, Employment, Contractual Performance levels and Quality Assurance
- Actively support the development of RBLI’s activity portfolio
- Act as ambassador for RBLI both internally and externally
- Actively participate in, support and potentially lead 3rd Party stakeholder working groups
- Strong networker
- Passion for the sector
- Driven and focused
- Analytical and detailed
- Effective and efficient
This role will be office based in Aylesford, Kent with wide travel across the UK and some international travel.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous military experience or demonstrable experience with the Armed Forces community
- At least 3 years experience of successfully:
– managing a remote team
– operationally managing diverse services, including setting up and delivery of new services
– gaining new, sustainable and profitable contracts
– commercially developing and managing new and existing services
– possess commercial and compliance knowledge and experience.
- Experience of working and supporting ex-service personnel and service users with barriers to employment
- Understanding of Vocational Assessment Methods
- Understanding of psychometric assessments
- Experience of Performance Management
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. * RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.