***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Permanent, full time
Location: Office based in Aylesford, Kent with travel across South East
Hours: Working 37 hours per week
Salary: Up to £50,000 + £3,000 car allowance per annum
Main Purpose of Job
To lead on business growth activity for ES across a broad range of employment and skills related areas. Identifying potential opportunities through networking, partnership and project development and producing and submitting high quality, innovative tenders and proposals.
To support the development and growth of our skills and workplace inclusion commercial services.
Your Key Responsibilities
- In conjunction with Director of Employment Solutions and wider ES management Team produce and deliver a business growth plan which supports short and long term ES strategic aims and objectives.
- Research, identify, develop and win local and regional opportunities to deliver employment support to disadvantaged people liaising with funding organisations, partners and stakeholders.
- Work with the Head of Skills and with the Performance Manager – Workplace Inclusion to support them in building strong and growing commercial revenue streams.
- Work closely with the Finance Business Manager to produce and present a business case including forecast and budget analysis for all potential new business streams and opportunities.
- Research tender opportunities and lead on the production of submissions (including writing and coordinating PQQs and Tenders)
- Develop a range of local and regional links which will facilitate business development opportunities.
- Develop partnership opportunities to support business growth and sub-contract opportunities.
- Network effectively with stakeholders and associated agencies to raise the profile of RBLI and promote and maintain professional image of Employment Solutions
- Facilitate the handover of successful submissions to operational teams to include proactively supporting an effective implementation process
- Excellent communication and networking skills
- Good commercial understanding
- Excellent writing skills
- Strong organisational and time management skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently as well as part of a team
- Driven and ambitious
- Passionate about making a real difference to the lives of others
- Strong relationship building skills
- Can do attitude and approach
- Get things done and gets results
- Team player
- Reliable under pressure
- Results focussed
- Happy to be flexible and willing to go the extra mile to achieve success
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong, credible experience in the employment and skills sector
- A proven business development professional able to build partnerships/new relationships and successfully develop and win new opportunities
- Proven bid writing skills
- Demonstrated ability to achieve and exceed business growth targets
- Commercially knowledgeable – able to effectively assess the financial merits of potential opportunities.
- Good knowledge of EFSA, DWP, ESF, LA, HA and other potential funding sources.
- Project management experience
- Degree level education
- Experience of research, evaluation and production of statistical analysis
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.