***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, full time contract based in Aylesford 37 hours per week
Salary: circa £45,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
We are looking for a highly motivated and creative marketing & comms all-rounder to lead our charity during this significant period of growth. The Head of Marketing is responsible for developing and delivering communications and marketing strategies across the charity’s 5 divisions.
This role sits within the fundraising department. Leading a team of three – Digital Marketing Manager, Graphic Designer and PR Manager. You will be responsible for the marketing strategy for the charity.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Act as the strategic lead for all marketing & advertising campaigns and activities in line with the charity’s growth strategy.
• Develop and execute an insight-driven marketing and communications strategy and plan, including evaluation.
• Tailor messaging and develop marketing campaigns and activity to a range of stakeholders.
• Further develop RBLI’s propositions and provide marketing direction across the organisation to support the various key areas of work.
• Ensure consistent communication of the organisation’s mission and values across all channels and ensure that its integrity is maintained and promoted at all times.
• Oversee the nature and tone of content, and adherence to branding, across the organisation’s digital channels.
• Oversee the update and management of information on the organisation’s websites.
• Set direction for and manage a small marketing team, ensuring quality and timely output.
• Provide a new structure and framework in terms of branding and marketing from which the Comms team can develop marketing activity to support the organisation’s activities.
• Identify and effectively utilise a range of channels to deliver successful results.
• Monitor and measure the effectiveness of all marketing/communications activity.
• Demonstrate a commitment to self-development and developing others, building long-term staff capability and competency in own team
• Act as spokesperson and brand ambassador for the organisation
• Comply with the organisation’s financial policies and practices as applicable • Undertake other duties as may be reasonably requested of the post
Skills & Experience Required:
• At least five years’ experience of marketing/communications
• A track record of leading a high performing and impactful team
• Successfully developing, implementing and monitoring marketing & communications strategies
• Designing & implementing successful marketing campaigns
• Experience of utilising performance metrics and KPIs for cost-benefit and return-on-investment analyses
• Developing relationships and engagement with senior level stakeholders
• An in depth knowledge of Digital Marketing.
• An ability to understand, construct and maintain consistent messaging for the organisation’s brand.
• Excellent verbal and written communicator; able to synthesise wide-ranging ideas and recommendations
• Lead and manage a team to deliver across their full remit and build knowledge in key areas.
• Able to create a culture of accountability, collaboration and empowerment
• Excellent organisation and project management skills
• Experience of setting and managing income and expenditure budgets
• Experience with Raisers Edge or similar
• Experience using Mailchimp or similar
• Experience working with charity lottery
• Working with journalists and external in-house comms teams to disseminate messaging
• Professional Marketing Qualification
Benefits: 25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 23 April 2021