***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent, full time contract working 37 hours per week
Based in Aylesford, Kent with occasional national travel
£43-47,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main Purpose of Job:
To provide effective leadership for the implementation and delivery of a range of government funded education and skills programmes through a team of operational staff.
To lead the development and implementation of an education and skills growth strategy that will deliver RBLI’s growth objectives for this part of the business.
Overview of role & Team:
This position is a role within our Employment Solutions Leadership Team and will be pivotal in enabling the division to position itself to achieve its diversification and growth targets. The division is overseen by the Director of Employment Solutions, who holds overall responsibility for the division. With a current skills contract delivery already in play and a new substantive contract recently won the role has immense potential to evolve and grow in remit and scope and would therefore suit someone who is ambitious and driven. The current team consists of a skills delivery manager and a small delivery team that will shortly be enlarged as a result of the recent new contract win. Initially the role will be focused on implementing the new contract whilst driving performance on the existing contract before focusing on positioning the division to win a substantive new contract in the next round of bidding. You will be fully supported by the dedicated employment solutions business development team and other RBLI support functions to achieve this objective.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Motivate, manage and support operational staff across a number of locations to deliver the best possible outcomes for learners and unemployed people with a focus on performance,
- productivity and effectiveness.
- Implement and manage programme performance appropriately and effectively to achieve and exceed all contractual targets.
- Management Information
- Effective use of performance data to inform and drive delivery to the required contractual performance targets, for both individual and team objectives.
- Full accountability for profit and loss statements for each of the contracts under your remit.
Delivery of all contractual quality standards including ESFA and OFSTED auditing requirements.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, marital or family status, ethnicity, religion or belief, age, disability, discrimination by association or any other personal factor or quality or a spent conviction (unless the Safeguarding of Adults at Risk (SAAR) regulations prevail in circumstances relating to a particular role).
Delivery of all contractual and organisational compliance requirements
Communications & Reporting
Provide an effective communication link between area delivery teams and the employment solutions leadership team.
Build effective internal relationships to enhance the performance of the education and skills contracts.
Build positive and productive relationships with funding and stakeholder bodies to maximise delivery and business development opportunities.
Work strategically with the employment solutions business development team and the wider RBLI business to achieve the growth objectives of the division.
- Driven and ambitious
- Strong relationship building skills
- Can do attitude
- Gets things done and gets results
- Accountable and holds others accountable
- Team player
Skills & Experience Required:
- In depth knowledge of the skills sector and in particular SFA and now ESFA contracts
- Experience of managing a team for performance
- Contract management experience
- Experience of developing and sustaining successful partnerships with a wide range of external bodies and stakeholders.
- Experience of managing budgets and budget control.
- Welfare to work experience
- Knowledge of other government funded contracts e.g. DWP, MOJ, MOD
Benefits: RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.