Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week
Home based role with travel across Hampshire, Berkshire, Wiltshire & Dorset
£28-30,000 per annum + £2,000 car allowance
Main purpose of job:
Your role would involve joining RBLI’s Direct Assessment Team, helping us to deliver both our prime and sub contracts, which are ultimately responsible to the Department of Work and Pensions.
We work very closely with our partner organisations to maintain the success of the programme which is designed to assist companies retain their employees who have specific health conditions and or disabilities and require specialist equipment, support and adaptations to the work environment.
The successful candidate would be expected to travel throughout the geographical area and will carry out Workplace Assessments for our customers and cover a broad range of subject area, including physical, hearing, visual & learning difficulties (SpLD’s) with the aim being to identify workplace barriers and offer solutions to assist them in work. As an Assessor, you will research solutions to help overcome work-related needs as a result of health condition or disability. The assessment will then be written up in a standard report format to outline the difficulties of the customers are having and the solutions to overcome any barriers to work.
• Undertaking workplace assessments in a variety of environments
• Understanding customer concerns and identified barriers to tasking
• Observing customer workplace environments in order to make specific recommendations that can assist / support the customer in work.
• Documenting customer issues/background, routine tasking, environment & layout
• Researching products/services associated with physical environment, software, assistive technology and specialist products
• Applying sound knowledge to recommend intervention measures to enable customers to overcome barriers or reduce risk of issue
• Collating and compiling competent reports that are fit for purpose, within a specified time frame
• Positively contributing to the team’s contracted KPI targets
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Applied experience in at least one of the following subject areas:
o Specific Learning Difficulties
o Hearing Issues/Deaf Community
o Visual Impairments/Blind Community
o Physical Disabilities
• Experience of carrying out professional assessments in the workplace
• Problem solving skills & innovative approaches
• Knowledge & understanding of the HSE (DSE) Regulations
• Ability to build quick rapport with customers
• Strong communication skills with stakeholders
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• Sound IT skills (especially MS Office tools)
• Well-developed report writing skills
• Must be a Team Player
• Experience and knowledge of the Access to Work Scheme
• Car owner/driver (Full Licence)
• Higher Education Qualification/Bachelor’s Degree
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: Friday 29 November 2019