***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week
1 x Home based role with travel across Surrey & Sussex
1 x Home based role with travel across Somerset & Wiltshire
Salary: £28,500 + £2,000 car allowance
Main purpose of job:
To carry out full Holistic assessments for individuals in their place of work.
You will be expected to travel throughout the geographical area stipulated, visit customers within their workspace and through a 1-2-1 meeting, ascertain the individuals needs and make appropriate recommendations (which are in-line with Department guidelines of value for money). Assessors will write a full report detailing barriers faced by customer and detailed descriptions of recommended solutions, with costings.
Assessors are expected to represent RBLI in a positive, professional manner at all times.
• Undertaking workplace assessments in a variety of environments
• Understanding customer concerns and identified barriers to tasking
• Observing customer workplace environments in order to make specific recommendations that can assist / support the customer in work.
• Documenting customer issues/background, routine tasking, environment & layout
• Researching products/services associated with physical environment, software, assistive technology and specialist products
• Applying sound knowledge to recommend intervention measures to enable customers to overcome barriers or reduce risk of issue
• Collating and compiling competent reports that are fit for purpose, within a specified time frame
• Positively contributing to the team’s contracted KPI targets
Skills & Qualifications Required:
• Applied experience in at least one of the following subject areas:
o Specific Learning Difficulties
o Hearing Issues/Deaf Community
o Visual Impairments/Blind Community
o Physical Disabilities
• Experience of carrying out professional assessments in the workplace
• Problem solving skills & innovative approaches
• Knowledge & understanding of the HSE (DSE) Regulations
• Ability to build quick rapport with customers
• Strong communication skills with stakeholders
• Excellent time-management and organisational skills
• Sound IT skills (especially MS Office tools)
• Well-developed report writing skills
• Must be a Team Player
• Experience and knowledge of the Access to Work Scheme
• Car owner/driver (Full Licence)
• Higher Education Qualification/Bachelor’s Degree
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 31 March 2020