Full time, 3 month fixed term contract based in Aylesford with travel
37 hours per week
Salary: £25,000 per annum pro rata
Main purpose of job:
BBMC, the Social Enterprise Division of RBLI is moving into an exciting phase of significant growth, to help support this growth and allow us to engage with and attract the best candidates, we are looking for a Recruitment Assistant to join the team.
You will lead in the administration and co-ordination of resourcing and recruitment activity which will involve the end to end delivery for both permanent and temporary roles across BBMC, providing effective and cost efficient recruitment services to the BBMC management team
You will possess excellent interpersonal skills, together with a positive, professional manner and the ability to deal tactfully and confidently with people at all levels. Given the nature of this role, excellent attention to detail is critical as is the ability to prioritise work effectively and to meet deadlines through strong self-management.
Overview of the Role & Team:
RBLI is a diverse organisation, with divisions that cover social care, property management, estates management, welfare and employment solutions, manufacturing and marketing / fundraising. Britain’s Bravest Manufacturing Company, is the successful social enterprise arm of Royal British Legion Industries with two sites based in Aylesford, Kent and Leatherhead, Surrey.
The team is overseen by the Head of HR, who holds overall responsibility for the department. The team itself is small and close-knit. You will hold key working relationships with the Senior Management team within BBMC.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Work closely with hiring managers to identify hiring needs for newly identified roles including the preparation of job descriptions and recruitment methodology
- Close management of the requisition and approval process for vacancies
- Identification of the best and most cost effective recruitment method for each role
- Manage vacancy advertisements on line, in print and with agencies as appropriate.
- Manage a talent database ensuring that all strong speculative and previously unsuccessful candidates can be utilised when appropriate
- Utilise online searchable CV databases for effective and proactive recruitment
- Use innovative methods of sharing vacancies with as wide an audience as required
- Screen CVs and applications against agreed criteria including follow up calls to applicants as appropriate.
- Manage candidate flow effectively for managers including intensive pre-screening where appropriate for both external and internal candidates
- Screening and assessing of all candidates to ensure they meet requirements and criteria.
- Completing all related administrative tasks and scheduling interviews
- To provide administrative support for both internal and external recruitment campaigns; inviting candidates to interview, regretting unsuccessful candidates, supporting the final stages of the recruitment process and updating the website and relevant job boards with new vacancies
- Manage rejection process in a timely, sensitive and positive manner
- Ensure good communication links are maintained with candidates
- Ensure that all stages of a recruitment process are effectively documented and recorded
- Be actively involved with recruitment and selection processes by supporting managers at interview and where necessary, assessment centre events
- Maintain a strong dialogue with hiring managers throughout their recruitment process, managing expectations, assisting in amending requirements and ensuring hiring objectives are met effectively and in a timely manner.
- Provide metrics on recruitment speed, methods and spend along with regular diversity data
- Ensure that as an organisation our methods process reflect good practice and are effective within an equal opportunities framework
- Review and improve processes where appropriate
- Tracking and reporting of recruiting statistics and maintaining our in-house tracking systems with a high level of accuracy.
- Team Player
- Ability to work with autonomy and minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to work within deadlines / timelines
- Strong organisational skills
- Strong analytical skill set
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to engage confidently around the organisation on recruitment activity and needs
- Ability to adapt quickly and alter priorities based on operational needs
- This role will be office based, occasionally visiting other locations Working as part of a small but very busy team
Skills & Experience Required:
- Proven experience of recruitment either in an ‘in-house’ or consultancy environment in sourcing and hiring candidates
- Demonstrated innovative approach to recruitment methods
- Proven ability to identify, select and recruit effective new personnel
- Strong communication and relationship building and management skills
- Excellent administration and analysis skills
- Ability to work independently showing initiative and resourcefulness
- Ideally you will have experience recruiting into a manufacturing environment
- Experience of working within a charity or social enterprise
- Familiarity with the Armed Forces and Veterans community
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 10 March 2021