***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
4 month fixed term contract, working 38 hours per week
Based in Gavin Astor House in Maidstone, Kent
Salary: £60,000 per annum
This role is a short term interim position to manage and support Gavin Astor House through a period of transition and refurbishment.
Main purpose of Job:
Responsible for the development and management of a high dependency, quality Nursing Home for physically disabled young adults and older people. The jobholder will ensure the highest standard of care is delivered to residents and that commercial success is achieved in line with Company objectives.
• Motivate, manage and support operational staff
• Management of employee relations on site including the implementation of all Company Policy and Procedure.
• Management of the employee resource ensuring staffing levels meet the level of care required. This includes the recruitment and deployment of employees within the function.
• Monitoring of employee performance by carrying out regular formal supervision, ensuring that performance concerns are identified and addressed with the relevant individuals in order to engender necessary improvements.
• Identify and implement relevant Training and Development activities for all employees in order to support continuous professional development of both staff and the function.
• Liaise with the Human Resources function on all matters relating to Disciplinary and Grievance, terms and conditions of employment and employment queries.
• Act as a mentor to key staff in support of their continued professional development
• Provide line management to the Manager of Appleton Lodge, a small (15 bed) care home that sits alongside Gavin Astor House.
• Develop and maintain an appropriate admission criteria which achieves revenue targets, ensuring all admissions are co-ordinated with relatives, local authorities and relevant bodies prior to contractual agreement being confirmed.
• Carryout a complete core assessment of care requirements for all potential admissions
• Ensure induction and care arrangements occur for all residents including the effective implementation of care planning, resident records, compliance with medical directions and the administration of prescribed medicines.
• Achieve an average occupancy level of at least 96%.
• Ensure that appropriate fees are set to cover levels of need and dependency, with a set minimum fee for basic nursing and accommodation and appropriate additional fees to reflect the cost of increased dependency.
• Responsible for financial control including the management of direct/ indirect costs including payroll expenses, revenue generation and budget planning and implementation, in line with the agreed budget.
• Manage and control of ordering, supply and audit of all drugs and medicines ensuring all statutory requirements are met fully.
• Manage the catering service facility ensuring the specific needs of both the residents and staff are met
• Ensure key management and financial information is produced on a timely basis to support the effective management of the Home
• Completion of monthly Responsible Persons Audit / Clinical Audit
• Participate as note taker in the Home’s monthly Quality Assurance Audit.
• Promote and practice the highest standards of nursing care for all residents in line with both statutory requirement and best practice.
• Compliance with all statutory audits ensuring that reports are submitted to the nominated Line Manager for review
• Implement adequate security controls for both residents and employees on site.
• Ensure full compliance with all statutory requirements and regulations regarding Environmental Health, Building Control, Health and Safety and Fire Safety & Prevention by means of ensuring the Infection Control Audit; Wound Audit and monthly Health & Safety walk-around is completed
• Manage and monitor complaints received and outcome accordingly
• Manage and monitor all Significant Incidents and Safeguarding Incidents raised within the Home. Ensure that all issues are properly reported to management, regulators and relevant external agencies.
• Keep the Director of RBLI Living informed of Resident issues and services.
• Liaise with relatives and families of residents in order to provide the best level of individualised care and support.
• Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant bodies including the regulator, Local Health Authorities, Social Services and Doctors.
• Promote and implement effective communication procedures for staff and service-users
• Participate in an out of hours ‘On Call’ service across the two accommodations
• Liaise with the Senior Administrator and Administrator on site to ensure the effective delivery of administration services including staff scheduling, payroll, care fee costs, purchasing and expense control, invoicing, application handling and resident management
• Liaise with the Welfare and Communities Manager in respect to Resident Welfare needs
• Management of the Application tracking / waiting list
• Where CPD or other in house training is offered or provided, employees have a responsibility to attend and take advantage of this in order to ensure they maintain and develop professional competence. Where required, staff must keep records of such CPD for the purpose of continued registration to practice.
• Previous experience of seeing organisations through periods of change
• Strong commercial acumen and strategic mind
• Committed to achieving high standards of quality care and service.
• Able to lead and influence others as well as be a good team player.
• Organised and effective time manager.
• Self-motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic.
• Tenacious, resilient and ‘can do’ attitude
• The ability to focuses on continuous improvements
• An effective communicator, with a confident and influential leadership style
Skills & Experience Required:
• Registered Nurse (General)
• Minimum 5 year’s experience in general medical nursing and nursing management
• Proven Clinical Supervision
• Strong leadership & people management
• Proven experience of managing within financial budgetary limits
• Fundamental understanding of clinical audits
• Experience of nursing or managing within a Care Home environment
• Experience of change management
• Mentoring & Coaching
• Management qualification
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: Friday 28 February 2020 (at close of business)