***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, 9 month fixed term contract, based in Aylesford, Kent
37 hours per week
Salary: up to £50,000 per annum
Main Purpose of the Job:
The main purpose of the role is to develop RBLI’s Information Security Management System through the project management of ISO 27001 implementation, up to and including successful accreditation. This will involve taking responsibility for working across a diverse organisation to design, document and implement all relevant policies, standards and procedures.
Overview of the Role & Team:
RBLI is a diverse organisation, with divisions that cover social care, property management, estates management, welfare and employment solutions, manufacturing and marketing / fundraising. The ISO Project Manager will be an essential part of developing and implementing changes to organisational information security and ensuring
ongoing GDPR compliance.
The team is overseen by the Head of Business Systems, who holds overall responsibility for the performance. The team itself is small and close-knit, with a diverse group of people. A key working relationship will be with the Head of Corporate Governance. You will be a team player but also happy to work alone when required.
Your Key Responsibilities:
• Lead the implementation, operation, support and maintenance of the revised Information Security Management System, including obtaining certification against ISO 27001, ensuring that it is effective and responsive:
• Report on a monthly basis to the Project Steering Committee;
• Lead the preparation, updating and the implementation of necessary information security policies, standards, procedures and guidelines;
• In conjunction with the Project Steering Committee obtain appropriate documentation approval;
• Manage and lead the design and operation of related compliance monitoring and improvement activities to ensure compliance both with internal security policies etc. and applicable laws and regulations;
• Support divisions and departments in the implementation of the information security management system;
• Promote information security awareness by developing and implementing suitable information security awareness, training and educational activities to non-technical members of staff;
• Manage information security risk assessments and controls selection activities;
• Investigate suspected and actual security incidents, producing recommendations and following up on the implementation of agreed actions;
• Support the updating and further development of RBLIs Business Continuity and Disaster Management Frameworks;
• Liaise with key stakeholders to provide regular updates and facilitate implementation of the Information Security Management System
• Liaise with relevant members of staff to ensure delivery of information security risk assessments and audits.
• Team Player
• Ability to work with autonomy and minimal supervision
• Excellent time management skills
• Ability to work within deadlines / timelines
• Strong organisational skills
• Strong analytical skill set
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to engage confidently around the organisation on all information security issues
• Ability to work in an ever-changing environment
• This role will be office based, occasionally visiting other locations
• Working as part of a small but very busy team
• Extensive interaction with multiple stakeholders across the business
Skills & Experience Required:
• Experience of developing Information security Management Systems
• Experience of project managing ISO 27001
• Experience of identification and articulation of information security risks and relevant mitigating controls
• Experience of undertaking internal audits in relation to information security
• Understanding of common security issues and their impacts
• Experience in tracking ISO actions
• Full Driving Licence held
• Professional security qualification (CISSP / CISM) or relevant degree
• GDPR qualification / training
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: 22 January 2021