***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent, part time contract, based in Aylesford, Kent with travel to Leatherhead, Surrey
21 hours per week
Salary: circa £13,650 per annum
Main Purpose of the Job:
Britain’s Bravest Manufacturing Company, is the successful social enterprise arm of Royal British Legion Industries. We have two sites, one in Aylesford (manufacturing Timber products, Signage and Fulfilment) and one in Leatherhead (a textile print and design studio).
Across the 2 sites we employ around 100 people, of which 42 are supported employees (SE’s) – adults with learning/physical disability/difficulties.
RBLI is committed to helping these individuals to progress personally and professionally and this role will take the lead in providing one to one development and coaching support to these employees.
This role is perfect for an individual with proven experience of supporting people with disabilities or long term health conditions in an employment and recruitment environment.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Engage with supported employees (SE’s) and assessing their support and developmental needs.
- Lead on working with our SE’s to co-produce individually tailored action plans with a potential outcome of sustainable external employment
- Work with line managers, by managing, facilitating and monitoring employees’ journey on produced action plans.
- Provide guidance and support to line managers within BBMC regarding the development of supported employees
- Provide motivation and coaching to our supported employees
- Build and maintain strong relationships with existing services and employers within the community that will support the employees to achieve their goals.
- Maintain an up to date working knowledge of the local labour market, training opportunities and relevant external agencies
- Work with HR, the Operations Manager in Aylesford and the Manager of Leatherhead, to identify vacancies and potential opportunities.
- Provide metrics to senior management on the progression of employees. And use this data and feedback to adjust and improve processes where appropriate
- Ensure that as an organisation our methods process reflect good practice and are effective within an equal opportunities framework
- Complete all related administrative tasks and keep internal databases and tracking systems up to date with a high degree of accuracy
- Complete and submit monthly grant funding applications
- Promote RBLI externally network with other charities, businesses and organisations to provide a continuous pipeline of outcomes for our supported employees
- Comply with all Health & Safety requirements
Undertake any other reasonable duty as requested by the line manager and BBMC senior management team
- People centred , takes accountability for results
- Flexible approach to cope with the varying demands of the role
- Team worker
- Clear communicator
- Good administrator
- Ability to work with autonomy and minimal supervision
- Excellent time management skills
- Strong organisational skills
This role will be based across our two sites in Aylesford and Leatherhead, and a therefore a degree of travel is required.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Awareness, understanding and commitment to the protection and safeguarding of adults at risk of harm.
- Experience of supporting and motivating supported employees with complex and /or multiple barriers to employment
- Experience of working with disabled people to create and implement individually tailored progression plans
- Positive attitude to disability , health and employment challenges
- Ability to deal with confidential information in a discreet and sensitive manner.
- Effective organisational and prioritisation skills in order to manage a busy workload
- Good IT skills, including Microsoft Office
- Clean Driving license
- Experience of working within an Supported business environment
- Level 3 Certificate for Supported Employment Practitioners
- Experience of working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience within a recruitment environment
25 days holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 30 June 2021