***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Position: Permanent, part time contract working 22 hours per week
Office: Based in Aylesford with travel
Salary: £13,081-14,864 per annum
Deadline: 19 October 2018
Overview of the Role & Team:
This is a new part time role to maximise RBLI’s Centenary opportunity to establish a legacy giving programme “Here for 100 years.”
The role sits within a small and ambitious fundraising team, with a clear goal to create a new long-term and unrestricted income stream for RBLI.
The Centenary Year in 2019 includes many ideal opportunities to engage people about giving legacies to RBLI, the new extra care suite opening, RBLI’s new Wall of Honour, PR and case studies (including, during the centenary historic case studies), the campaign to build the new Centenary Village for veterans for the next 100 years.
The person in the new role will maximise these opportunities, establishing the activities, processes, and relationship management that is needed to secure legacy pledges, and establish a growing and sustainable income stream.
Main Purpose of Job:
- Secure legacy pledges
- Manage pledger (and family) relationships
- Promote RBLI’s Wall of Honour
- Organise legacy and In Memoriam marketing Kent wide – including promotion of high profile pledges and impact case studies
- Co-ordinate solicitor partnerships
- Co-ordinate funeral home partnerships
- Organise legacy giving information and engagement events
- Represent RBLI professionally and enthusiastically in the Kent region
- Contribute to the development and success of RBLIs fundraising and marketing teams, supporting Centenary Year fundraising
- Lead on the creation and implementation of RBLI’s first legacy giving programme, maximising the Centenary Year in the short term, and building income for the long term (£100,000 unrestricted target by year 3)
- Create inspiring marketing materials and activities that generate sufficient legacy enquiries
- Secure strategic partnerships with solicitors and funeral homes to generate pledges, and promotional opportunities during the Centenary year and beyond
- Use events and individual engagement strategies to convert legacy enquiries to pledges
- Proactively target relevant local groups and associations to promote legacy giving and the Wall of Honour
- Liaise with potential supporters on the telephone
- Ensure all donor details are correct on ThankQ and all communication preferences are well understood
- Ensure all communication meets GDPR requirements and communicate clearly with supporters about how their data is managed and stored
- During any activity seek to maximise opportunities for RBLI as a whole
This role will be office-based with some Kent travel. Potentially evening and weekend presentations on the Village or with local groups.
Skills and Experience Required:
- Knowledge of legacy giving, and the critical success factors.
- Experience working in a busy target-driven office environment.
- Experience of telephone or face to face sales.
- Significant experience of sensitive customer service.
- Proven track record achieving sales targets.
- Proven track record growing income over time.
- Able to present and interpret financial information and projections.
- Able to research, assess and initiate new opportunities.
- Able to recruit, encourage, develop, support, motivate and manage individuals, and groups, to engage supporters as well as getting people to help “spread the word”.
- Excellent verbal communication skills, able to build strong relationships, make supporters feel appreciated and deliver formal presentations.
- Able to work as part of a team, to see and understand the big picture and contribute effectively to team plans and goals.
- IT literate – use of word-processing, spreadsheets, PowerPoint and especially databases.
- Experience working as part of a team and contributing to team plans and activities.
- Experience in developing and organising donor cultivation events.
- Track record of identifying, establishing and retaining effective new supporters
- Experience managing community groups for fundraising.
- Track record managing successful fundraising events and achieving event targets.
- A degree and or relevant professional qualifications.
- A professional working manner and approach is essential.
- A team player.
- Honesty and proactivity is essential.
- Well organised.
- Able to motivate others and be supportive to the wider team goals.
To hold a full UK driving licence and be prepared to travel throughout the Kent area. Willing and able to work weekends and evenings if required.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.
RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date.
RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.