***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, permanent contract, working 37 hours per week
Based in Aylesford, Kent
Salary: £40,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
To lead and co-ordinate health and safety activities across RBLI. To provide expert leadership and advice in safety, health, environmental and risk management measures across the activities of the organisation which include manufacturing, housing, care and support services across a number of locations.
- Lead, develop and embed the health and safety culture of the organisation.
- To ensure there is a comprehensive health and safety learning plan for staff, senior management and trustees across the organisation.
- To implement a health and safety reporting programme to allow trustees, management and staff to see the key areas of health and safety work and progress against key targets.
- To ensure that the organisations health and safety policy is updated annually and implemented effectively across the organisation, acting as the Health and Safety Officer, as specified in the policy.
- To support senior staff across the organisation, to understand, mitigate and manage the risk associated with their business functions.
- To ensure that routine health and safety checks are completed, that results are collated and actions are logged and monitored.
- Assist managers to maintain safe systems providing specialist advice, coaching and practical support.
- To undertake induction training on health and safety and provide guidance, learning and support to staff at all levels as appropriate.
- Establish audit methods to evaluate the effectiveness of health, safety and environmental systems and procedures and identify improvements.
- To keep abreast of changes and updates in health and safety nationally and across the sectors that RBLI operates in and advise Senior Managers of areas of change.
- To lead, co-ordinate and support routine health and safety checks, for example Fire Risk Assessments, Legionella Testing, Landlord Gas Safety checks, ensuring that robust monitoring systems are in place with reliable data.
- To lead on investigations of any accidents or dangerous occurrences and to undertake actions to deal with the incident and support staff to ensure all required actions are undertaken to comply with Health and Safety obligations in consultation with a director.
- To ensure that effective fire safety management systems are in place as appropriate across the organisation and its activities.
- Organised with a close attention to detail, able to maintain accurate and robust records
- Ability to understand complex information and relay it to staff in an appropriate way
- Excellent time management skills
- Able to work to work collegiately with staff across the organisation to understand, embed and promote a strong health and safety culture.
- Good verbal communication skills
- Personable and positive manner
- Diligent and able to work on own initiative
- Flexible and able to respond to incidents that may occur out of hours
- Understand and be able to drive culture change
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Excellent IT skills
- Commitment to Equalities Legislation and a good understanding of its relevance to this post
Based at our Head Office in Aylesford and supporting the activities on the RBLI Village as well as our base in Scotland and other remote offices in the South East of England.
Skills & Qualifications Required:
- At least 2 years previous experience in a Health and Safety management/supervisory role.
- Experience of leading the development and implementation of organisational health and safety strategies and initiatives, working effectively with internal and external partners to create a strong health and safety culture.
- Corporate Membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Diploma in Health and Safety
- Evidence of continuous professional development
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Experience of being able to work with staff at all levels
- Experience in delivering health and safety training and advice
- Experience of leading incident/accident investigations
- Ability to think strategically in relation to Health and SafetyDesirable:
- Educated to degree level
- Experience of health and safety in manufacturing environments
- Experience of health and safety in housing and property management
- Experience of health and safety in Care and regulated activities
- Understanding of veterans issues
- Experience of preparing reports or Senior Managers
RBLI offer 25 days holiday allowance per annum, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
Closing Date: Wednesday 15 July 2020 at midday
Zoom Interviews: WC 20 July 2020