***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Position: Permanent, full time contract working 37 hours per week
Office: Based in Aylesford
Salary: £15,064 per annum
Main Purpose of Job:
To manufacture pallets and other wooden products to a high quality standard to meet customer specification. To assist the Production Manager in achieving the departments daily and weekly targets. To take an active role in implementing new manufacturing systems and procedures under the supervision and direction of the Production Manager. The operator should at all times be aware of the potential cost to the business unit when waste or damage to equipment or the product being made occurs; the responsibility of the operator is to reduce and keep this waste to a minimum.
- Construct pallets and other similar products to specification, by hand or machine, ensuring that the correct materials are used. At the end of the shift the operator is responsible for returning equipment, raw material to the correct locations of racks.
- Keep the work area clean, tidy and free from materials that are not required for the current or next job. To assist the runner making sure that all unused materials, or waste material is stacked neatly.
- To assist with other tasks within Manufacturing Activities as requested by the Production Manager provided that appropriate training and guidance have been given to ensure capability.
- To comply with Health & Safety requirements and assist with the implementation of Company policy. The operative should be fully aware of how to operate a nail gun correctly, how to use it effectively following company guidelines on user safety.
- To comply with quality Assurance requirements and recording procedures. The operator must record and follow all lean manufacturing principles.
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Self motivated with good team ethics
- You will require Personal Protection Equipment, such as safety boots and goggles, which will be provided by the Production Manager – these must be worn at all times
- Factory environment; will require working in a noisy and changeable environment
Desirable Skills and Experience Required:
- Worked in a manufacturing role previously within a factory environment
- Pedestrian Pallet Truck License
- Understands Lean and Continuous improvement working practises
- Understands 5S working methods
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.