***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Full time, permanent contract based in Aylesford
37 hours per week
Salary: circa £26,000 per annum, dependent upon experience
Main purpose of job:
To undertake repairs and project works providing general and grounds maintenance to a range of facilities for the RBLI portfolio of properties across Kent and Sussex, including the grounds of the Royal British Legion Village, Aylesford
Your Key Responsibilities:
Operations / Maintenance
- Assist in all aspects of maintenance and upkeep of the RBLI portfolio and grounds to a high standard.
- Assist the Property Services Supervisor and Senior Administrator in the day-to-day operation for maintenance of commercial and domestic buildings.
- Carry out the day-to-day work requests issued by the Supervisor or Senior administrator in order to prioritise works to be undertaken on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
- Assist the Property Services Supervisor in providing quotes for work to be undertaken for in-house and external customers within set deadlines.
- Submit completed quotes using the appropriate forms to the Supervisor who will convey to the customer the requesting the quotation.
- On completion of works, update the Maintenance Request form and obtain the Customer signature to show satisfactory completion of the job before submitting to the Senior Administrator for processing.
- Attend daily meetings with Supervisor to prioritise work issued in conjunction with the Senior Administrator.
- Participate in the out of hours on call emergency service for maintenance requests covering evenings, weekends and bank holidays.
- Ensure that all works issued and completed meet and keep within agreed budget quotations for work undertaken and within the annual budget.
- Report to the Property Services Supervisor on a regular basis costs for materials and recharges to other divisions.
- Assist the Head of Property Services to on capital projects when required to ensure work is undertaken to a high standard and within budget.
Quality Control / Health & Safety
- Ensure all Health and Safety regulations are adhered to as reasonable for the safety of employees, tenants and residents as a duty of care.
- Assist the Head of Property Services to ensure all risk assessments are carried out and documented before any maintenance work is carried out.
- Assist the Head of Property Services to ensure contractors meet all Health and Safety requirements and have undertaken their own risk assessment and this is documented and copies kept.
Communications & Reporting
- Ensure effective communications takes place between team members and when required to Supervisor or the Head of Property Services on matters in other divisions.
- Ensure when required or in the absence of the Supervisor Property Services via Senior administrator that tenants are informed about planned maintenance work.
- Develop and foster good working relationships and communication with neighbours, property managers and local authorities.
- Show courtesy and respect to tenants/residents and relations at all times to ensure that they enjoy the highest quality of life, respect and confidentiality.
- During day-to-day activities such as visits to tenant’s homes, report any concerns to the Supervisor and or Head of Property Services without delay.
- Be aware of and at all times comply with, all relevant company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory responsibilities including fire arrangements, Health and Safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH regulations, maintaining records diligently and accurately as required.
- Ensure you and the PST greet all visitors and answer the telephone in a friendly, courteous and efficient manner and promote RBLI positively at all times in the local community.
- Attend and participate in training sessions and staff meetings.
- Maintain good-working relations with all colleagues at all times.
- Assist in the induction of new staff.
- A strong team player is required, however as the duties will be varied and challenging, you must also be self-motivated, enthusiastic and able to work independently on own initiative without undermining the team dynamics.
- Committed to achieving high standards of quality workmanship and service.
- Influencing and negotiating.
- Organised and effective time manager.
- Self-motivated, disciplined and enthusiastic.
- Tenacious, resilient and ‘can do’ attitude
- Sound interpersonal skills
Skills & Experience Required:
- Previous experience of working in a small team of professional and non professional trades operatives
- Minimum 2 years experience in the Property Maintenance, including private and commercial properties
- Working knowledge of planned maintenance programmes
- Able to demonstrate a good all round ability and working knowledge of multi-trades with preference to electrical works.
- Basic IT skills – Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Grounds maintenance experience, including cutting, seasonal pruning
& machinery operation.
Competitive holiday allowance + bank holidays, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
RBLI is an accredited Disability Confident Leader. We guarantee to interview disabled applicants who meet the minimum criteria for the role. If you consider yourself to have a disability and would like to apply for the above role under our disability confident scheme then please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Should you need additional support or any reasonable adjustments to support you in applying for this role please email email@example.com or call 01622 795917
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date
CLOSING DATE: 31 January 2022