***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Permanent, part time
Hours: 22 hours per week
Location: Office based in Chatham with flexibility to travel across South East
Salary: £13,675.68 per annum
Main purpose of job:
To provide information, advice, guidance and support on a range of opportunities, including learning and career options enabling those they work with to overcome barriers to progression. To track progress and intervene as required.
Overview of the Role & Team:
Working both within the community and RBLI offices across Kent, to offer information, advice, guidance and support to enable participants to make good choices and successful transitions into training and/or employment. You will actively manage relationships, ensuring the reputations of National Careers Service and RBLI are maintained to a high standard.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Manage a targeted caseload of individuals across geographical areas ensuring that their progress is monitored and all contacts recorded on The National Career Service database or other appropriate databases as required (and that records are updated within 48 hours were necessary) and that appropriate, timely interventions are delivered.
- Engage with people to identify barriers to their progression in life, education, training and ultimately employment. This will include the use of appropriate assessments and enabling them to identify choices and the progression routes available.
- Develop and maintain effective relationships with a caseload of individuals, using a variety of one to one approaches and group support as appropriate to need to achieve targeted outcomes
- Work with partner agencies to develop an effective, multi agency approach to meet the needs of clients. Develop and maintain an understanding of external agencies, employers and training providers.
- Contribute to the effective running of the service by managing information. This will include sharing information appropriately and in line with the Data Protection Act, maintaining accurate records promptly and undertaking tracking and appropriate recording.
- Generating leads from existing clients and publicising the RBLI service offer within the National Careers Service remit and other networking opportunities.
- Working to targets as set by the Company with regards to retaining and sourcing new business.
- Actively source LMI data that can be disseminated to the team to support progressions for clients.
- Provide a monthly client case study evidencing good practice and client progression.
- Develop and maintain a full understanding of government initiatives to help individuals to make informed choices on the range of learning and employment opportunities and provide relevant research and information to clients such as national trends.
- Develop and maintain personal and professional effectiveness by participation in performance review processes including observations and attending relevant working groups, training and support activities.
- Participate in Contract meetings as requested by Line Managers.
- Undertake other operational duties as may be required and directed by the Line Manager.
- Where necessary, complete a programme of study leading to an appropriate Level 4/6 qualification.
- Proven track record for development and maintaining productive external relationships.
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
- Competent IT skills including sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work effectively with others, co-operate with colleagues and help the team to achieve its goals.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to adopt a flexible approach in managing conflicting demands.
- Good level of oral and written communication.
- Commitment to working with people in an engaging and non-judgemental way.
- Ability to demonstrate a professional and positive attitude.
- Ability to work independently and from bases other than the main CXK hubs.
- Good time management skills.
Skills & Experience Required:
- Relevant qualification in Careers Guidance (e.g. NVQ level 4 Advice and Guidance).
- A thorough grasp of the issues affecting people particularly the impact of social and economic disadvantage on personal motivation, confidence and progress through education, employment and training.
- Experience of managing a caseload of clients to meet targeted outcomes.
- Experience of working with adults in one to one and group work situations.
- Efficient data inputting skills that show an attention to detail and an understanding of the impact of this work.
- Experience of working with people from a diverse range of backgrounds.
- Up to date knowledge of local opportunities and resources to aid progression.
- Experience of managing a caseload of clients to meet targeted outcome.
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.