***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Permanent, full time contract working 37 hours per week
Office based in Kent with travel across South East
Salary: £25,187 per annum
Main purpose of job:
RBLI has recently secured funding through the Big Lottery and ESF to work within the most deprived communities and with individuals who are unemployed and or economically inactive and have a history of being unable to sustain employment.
Our aims are to increase employers’ knowledge of how to support those in work to stay in work, overcome barriers, help employers retain staff and improve levels of physical and mental wellbeing within deprived communities. Whilst decreasing the skills gap by supporting those with no or few qualifications to go into education/training relevant to the local jobs market and to reduce reoffending by working with individuals, the police, probation officers and employers to prevent re offending and reduce crime.
Overview of the role and team:
This position is in our Employment Solutions Division, working with the project team to generate referrals to the Building Better Opportunities/ESF funded project ensuring eligibility criteria is evidenced. Managing the effective delivery of a range of activities, training programmes, individual support and employment related provision to participants to ensure pre-defined targets are met whilst delivering appropriate support levels. The role will involve travel within pre-defined areas and some lone working.
Your Key Responsibilities:
- Identify and engage potential participants to volunteer to the programme
- Actively work with partnership and community organisations to generate programme participants
- Work within guidelines to maximise participant facing activities – including self-generated referral targets
- Work with individuals to identify barriers which prevent transition into employment
- Work in partnership with participants to secure and meet milestones and targets in line with contract
- Actively encourage and motivate participants to undertake appropriate placement, training and volunteering opportunities in order to improve their capacity for work
- Engage with local employers to source placements, work experience, volunteering opportunities or paid employment for participants
- Link participants to other relevant services where barriers have been identified which impact on their ability to prepare for and secure sustained work
- Address individual needs to ensure clear milestones are achieved
- Deliver group workshops on a range of topics; inspiring participants to achieve their goals and aspirations
- Work with individuals to develop a personalised journey that enables them to overcome identified barriers
Quality and control:
- Ensure that all activity meets or exceeds minimum standards (ESF) and other relevant contractual guidelines
- Become, and remain, fully conversant with all relevant provider guidance and requirements
- Ensure all participant records are fully, and consistently updated and activity is recorded in a timely manner
- Protect the security of participant and other confidential data and report to line manager any suspected breaches or losses immediately
- Actively take part in case-conferencing in order to share best practice and drive continuous improvement
- Maintain an up to date knowledge of programme related issues (e.g. benefits) via training opportunities and personal research – highlighting skill gaps as appropriate
- Maintain the boundaries of service delivery; ensuring advice and guidance is only presented on permissible knowledge areas and remains within areas of competence
- Deliver excellent customer – evidenced through local observations and participant survey feedback
Communications and relationships:
- Establish local links with relevant stakeholders to ensure referrals and aid signposting
- Develop positive relationships within local communities to promote the brand and work of RBLI
- Actively communicate with local employers to assist in vacancy generation and share vacancies and opportunities across the team
- Communicate in a concise and accurate manner in both written and verbal communications
- Communicate regularly with line manager to ensure a ‘no surprise’ culture, develop a strong verbal relationship based on trust
- Ensure knowledge is maintained of the sector, of Government policy agenda and of competitor activity
- Build positive relationships with relevant partner and stakeholder bodies locally to ensure effective development & delivery of all programmes across all centres of delivery
- Develop and maintain a positive relationship with colleagues across the contract to share best practice as well as partners in the sector
- Respond to any other operational needs when they occur across the contract.
- Effective administrator with strong organisation, prioritisation and workload-management skills
- A self motivated, enthusiastic, resilient person with team ethics and ability to work independently
- Ability to effectively identify, disseminate and use best practice to drive improvements
- An excellent communicator, both verbal & written.
- Strong IT skills, familiarity with bespoke databases and Outlook diary management essential
Skills and experience required
- Ability to work within a target driven environment
- Experience of successfully delivering Welfare to Work employment programmes or a successful recruitment or training background
- Strong prioritisation, workload, time management skills
- A strong communicator, both verbal & written
- Good presentation skills and IT literate
- A self motivated, resilient & tenacious self starter with strong team ethics and attention to detail
- Ability to effectively identify, share and use best practice to drive improvements in operational delivery
- Empathetic and approachable whilst ensuring that boundaries are maintained
- Full driving licence holder with own vehicle
- IAG or Employability-related qualification
- Good links with Jobcentre Plus in your area
- Understanding of ESF claims process
- Member of IEP
- Health and wellbeing delivery experience
- Outreach/lone working/peripatetic experience
Benefits: RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
Closing date: 4 March
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org.
* RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.