Job Title: Registered General Nurse (RGN)/Registered Mental Nurse (RMN)
Department: Care Services
Location: Gavin Astor House
Reporting To: Suite Manager
Staff Management: HCA’s as Nurse in charge
Role Type: Nursing, Supervisory
Main Purpose of the Job
To provide and supervise the delivery of high standards of nursing care to residents in accordance with current evidence based professional practice, CQC requirements and Company policies.
Your Key Responsibilities
- To supervise and lead a multi-disciplinary shift team, supervising staff in all respects including orientation of new staff, training and development of care staff, organising and co-ordinating their duties, guiding, supporting, monitoring and evaluating staff performance Operations
- To supervise the reception of new residents, ensuring that all appropriate documentation is completed on time and that the resident is orientated to their surroundings
- Assess the care needed to address the residents physical, psychological and social needs and draw up an appropriate care profile
- Evaluate the nursing care needs, assessing the status of residents and ensuring that care profiles are kept up to date and accurate
- Plan, implement and evaluate nursing care in accordance with the residents needs
- Manage stocks of all supplies effectively and economically and ensure the timely ordering or replenishment stocks
- Have responsibilities as a Named Nurse
- Ensure compliance with the NMC at all times and that processes are adhered to for the safe ordering, custody, storing and administration of all medication Participate in monthly internal and external quality assurance audits
- Be aware of and at all times, comply with all relevant company policies and procedures and all relevant statutory and regulatory responsibilities including fire arrangements, health and safety issues including moving and handling, COSHH, maintaining records diligently and accurately
- Proactively seek and utilise opportunities to develop their own professional and clinical skills and knowledge by maintaining professional development under PREP
- Responsible for the administration of the safety of medication
- Report any observed changes in the condition of a resident to the Suite / General Manager without delay
- Develop and maintain effective working relationships with all relevant bodies including Local Health Authorities, Social Services and Doctors.
- Where CPD or other in house training is offered or provided, employees have a responsibility to attend and take advantage of this in order to ensure they maintain and develop professional competence. Where required, staff must keep records of such CPD for the purpose of continued registration to practice.
For more information, please click here.