***THIS JOB VACANCY HAS NOW CLOSED***
Contract: Full time, 3-year fixed term
Location: Based in Erskine, Scotland
Hours: 37 hours per week
Salary: circa £35,000 per annum
Main purpose of job:
Scotland’s Bravest Manufacturing Company (SBMC) is a new social enterprise based in Erskine (Glasgow).
The Veteran Welfare Coordinator is a new role that will take on responsibility for ensuring Veterans we work with receive the required support and coaching to overcome any barriers they may be facing which prevents them moving forward into sustainable employment. Veterans will be supported to take up paid and unpaid work placements at SBMC.
This role will enable veterans to access the information and support that they need to improve their independence and overall quality of life with self-determination and confidence – through the provision of support and signposting around welfare, healthcare, community engagement, but in particular employment, placement or volunteering opportunities at SBMC and beyond.
- To ensure beneficiaries are able to access services, health and wellbeing support, relevant employment training, life skills and improve their quality of life.
- To identify commercial organisations that would offer good placement/employment opportunities for the veterans we support. Build relationships and organise transition plans for each beneficiary and the organisations they move onto.
- To work with veterans in a variety of settings e.g. 1:1 mentoring, small group work
- To build a network of contacts, identify resources and develop partnerships with relevant external agencies and support providers.
- To stay abreast of current legislation and good practice, ensuring beneficiaries are able to access appropriate benefits and support.
- To access funding or grants from third party organisations that support vulnerable beneficiaries i.e. The Royal British Legion, SSAFA.
- To ensure that accurate records of beneficiary support, contact and referrals are maintained.
- To enable accurate monitoring and reporting of the service.
- To work closely with other team members and provide cover for other team members during periods of leave, sickness, training and so on.
- To ensure the smooth running of all events and meetings.
- Ensure all services promoted internally and externally and to work with the RBLI marketing and PR team to develop collateral and increased awareness.
- Working with RBLI’s Volunteering Manager to ensure balanced and fair utilisation of volunteers in all operational areas.
- Lead on mentoring development and opportunities.
- Promoting a positive and inclusive approach to management of staff and volunteers.
- Holding appraisals in line with Company policy and developing your team as necessary.
- Managing staff absence – sickness, holidays etc.
- Ensure that appropriate training and development is undertaken personally and with the team.
- Ensuring the security of cash and premises.
- Controlling, influencing and managing financial budgets in a professional manner.
- Ensuring all financial targets are met.
- Carrying out regular supplier bench-marking exercises to ensure efficient and best value purchasing of all goods and services.
- Managing stock and waste in a controlled, cost-efficient and professional manner.
- Regulatory Management:
- Taking joint responsibility for all Health & Safety compliance for the facility and escalating non-compliance appropriately.
- Taking joint responsibility for all GDPR compliance for at relevant facilities and escalating non-compliance appropriately.
- Taking joint responsibility for all Safeguarding compliance for at relevant facilities and escalating non-compliance appropriately.
- Ensuring all other regulatory and RBLI policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Maintain and monitor referrals, client records, outputs and outcome processes and procedures within deadlines
- Dealing with issues – staff, customer or general – in a professional and appropriate way and reporting as required.
- Other duties as reasonably required.
- Personal Attributes:
- Empathetic and most importantly approachable
- Objective but understanding
- Attentive to detail
- Resilient and determined
- Rational and not quick to jump to conclusions
- Inclusive approach to staff matters
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable and positive manner
- Diligent and able to work on own initiative.
- Financially astute
- Trustworthy and reliable
- Ability to communicate effectively with a wide range of people including children and adults, those with disabilities, families and professionals
Requirements for the Role:
- Qualification at Level 5 or above in Education, coaching or support work.
- Minimum 3 years in a Management position within a coaching or employability delivery organisation.
- Experience of building and developing meaningful partnerships and relationships.
- Experience of employability programmes
- Knowledge of the Veteran, Criminal Justice, Voluntary and Statutory sectors in Scotland including policy and practice developments in employability.
- Proven experience of working with people experiencing disadvantage, challenging life circumstances and complex barriers to progression, recognising the issues that affect them, and delivering personal development work.
- Line Management experience and good motivational skills.
- Practical experience and understanding of disabilities and barriers faced by individuals.
- Clear understanding of relevant legislation and best practice such as confidentiality, safeguarding vulnerable adults. Ability to work within this framework, deadlines and RBLI policies and procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to use IT equipment and windows based computer programmes for recording, monitoring and communication purposes.
- Ability to travel independently to visit beneficiaries at their home / other venues; and travel further afield to represent RBLI.
- Ability to work flexible hours (at the request of RBLI) including occasional evening and weekend work to meet requirements.
- Knowledge of education and training provision.
- Knowledge of Welfare, Health Care Plans.
- Appropriate DBS Check clearance.
- Experience of working in a community setting
- Understanding of the Care Act 2018
- Fundraising and bid writing experience
- First aid trained
- Armed forces experience
RBLI offer 25 days holiday per annum pro rata, a Group Flexible Retirement Plan and Life Assurance.
If you wish to be considered for the above role, forward your CV and covering letter including a supporting statement to email@example.com.
RBLI reserves the right to remove a vacancy at any time prior to the published closing date. RBLI is an equal opportunities employer.
Close Date: 30 November 2018